Quality Assurance (QA) Officer
X-Mode provides real-time location data and technologies that power location intelligence for advertising and business decisions in financial services, healthcare, high-tech, real-estate, retail, and the public sector. X-Mode's flagship product is a fast-growing big data location platform, which maps daily the precise routes of 10% of the U.S. Population and maps monthly 1 in 3 adult U.S. smartphone users. X-Mode strives to produce and monetize the world’s largest location platform and ultimately create a global “living map” of 1 billion people with the highest quality location data in order to fuel the best location intelligence business solutions.
X-Mode is looking for a full-time QA Officer to help manually test our mobile applications to ensure we create and maintain a great user experience for millions of users around the world.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Perform execute app performance, usability, and hardware/software compatibility testing
- Create new manual test cases as new features are being developed
- Drive bug prioritization for engineers by identifying and documenting bugs and issues in JIRA
- Suggest and implement improvements for manual testing processes and for existing/new features
- Manage internal company test sessions (and dogfooding) for the entire company around releases
- Collaborate closely with the Android and iOS Engineers, as well as the VP of Operations
- Provide technical support to internal team members
WHO YOU ARE:
- BA or BS in Information Technology, systems, or any related technical field
- Hands-on experience testing mobile (iOS and Android) applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A keen attention to detail
- Strong knowledge and experience with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Agile environments, QA methodologies, concepts, processes
- Ability to effectively isolate defects and provide specific conditions for reproducibility
- Ability to work with many different teams and on multiple projects simultaneously
- Passion for product quality and a positive user experience
- Bonus: Familiarity with scripting, some programming or scripting skills.
- Bonus: Past experience doing QA tests, with a focus on manual testing
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 15 Days of PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Lunch provided 2x a week
- Snacks, snacks, snacks!
- Casual dress code
- Free Parking on-site