Principal Product Manager, ML/AI
Remote, US /
Product – Product Management /
Xometry (NASDAQ: XMTR) powers the industries of today and tomorrow by connecting the people with big ideas to the manufacturers who can bring them to life. Xometry’s digital marketplace gives manufacturers the critical resources they need to grow their business while also making it easy for buyers at Fortune 1000 companies to tap into global manufacturing capacity.
Xometry is an on-demand manufacturing marketplace that leverages machine learning (ML) techniques to predict the manufacturing cost of machined parts and produce automated buy-now prices on Xometry.com. Customers love our instant quoting engine, and that engine depends on our ML systems.
We need a strong product leader to manage our ML & data science products and evolve the services that make up the backbone of Xometry’s business. The successful candidate will be able to work with technical subject matter experts, understand quantitative analyses, and have deep product experience (not necessarily with ML) with excellent communication and stakeholder management skills - particularly when bridging technical and non-technical audiences.
We have a lot of ideas on how we can improve these systems. We need help connecting these ideas to business metrics, prioritizing them with input from stakeholders into a roadmap, executing efficiently, and providing proactive communication on the vision/direction and status of the work.
What You'll Do:
- Serve as a strategic leader on our product management team, with responsibility for our ML & Data Science capabilities
- Build collaborative relationships with key stakeholders; set priorities aligned to business goals; communicate product roadmaps, and gain buy-in from executive leadership
- Incorporate customer feedback and product analytics to iterate to success
- Practice outcome-oriented/KPI-driven product management: Define product metrics that lead to business goals and report on the outcomes of your efforts
- Lead complex, cross-team projects to deliver on your product strategy, with a singular focus on driving business results
What You'll Need:
- 7+ years of experience in Product Management managing multiple competing priorities and engaging technical & non-technical stakeholders
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills
- Analytical, quant-oriented mindset, fluency with data, and experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions and measure success
- Strong understanding of price sensitivity, customer segmentation, and similar concepts
- Experience building roadmaps, managing product backlogs, and working closely with software development teams on technical products and platforms
- Comfort with ambiguity and working in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Experience with platform-level AB tests (ie, beyond UI elements)
- Mission-driven, positive attitude, and ability to motivate others
- Must be a US citizen, green card holder, or a legal permanent resident of the United States
What You'll Enjoy:
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) with match
- Flexible time off + 13 Holidays
- Paid volunteer time
- Commuter and parking benefits
- Maternity & Paternity leave
- Dog friendly office spaces
- Free coffee
- And more!
If this job isn’t for you but you have a friend who may be a perfect fit - share this job with them!
Xometry is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Xometry participates in E-Verify and after a job offer is accepted, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.