VP of Global Accounting
Los Angeles /
Accounting – Accounting /
Do you have extensive global accounting experience and are looking for an opportunity to make a huge impact at a rapidly growing organization? Do you find satisfaction in problem solving and process improvement, implementation? Are you looking for the next challenge to sink your teeth into while leading a solid team of accounting professionals?
We are seeking a talented VP of Global Accounting to join our team here at Xsolla! The chosen candidate will help lead our global accounting efforts at our Sherman Oaks, CA Headquarters. The ideal candidate has experience working at a global, privately held organization. This role reports to our Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and is a leadership position supervising an accounting team.
This is not a remote position. The VP of Global Accounting will be onsite for the majority of the week.
- Leading global accounting team
- Planning, directing and coordinating all accounting operational functions
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
- Prepare and publish timely monthly & quarterly financial statements
- Manage external auditor relationships to facilitate completion of audit procedures in a timely and efficient manner
- Establish, implement, manage and monitor critical accounting and reporting policies, processes and associated metrics
- Work closely with management team, set standards and drive compliance across the entire organization
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards
- Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting policies and procedures and efficient control and utilization of financial resources
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of accounting and other financial staff, recommending and implementing personnel actions, such as promotions and dismissals
- Supervise employees performing accounting, billing, collections and payroll duties
- Prepare and file annual tax returns or prepare financial information so that outside accountants can complete tax returns
- Perform tax planning work
- Determine depreciation rates to apply to capitalized items and advise management on actions regarding the purchase, lease, or disposal of such items
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance (or related field)
- 10+ years of progressive experience
- Prior supervisory experience
- Ability to successfully participate and lead projects involving cross-functional teams/.
- Ability to problem solve and build successful client relationships
- Experience developing and executing internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for various activities
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Detailed understanding of IFRS, K-IFRS and how they differ from GAAP
- Detailed understanding of VAT and WHT
- Experience working in accordance to GAAP
- Experience working in compliance with SOX
- Proficiency in accounting software, business intelligence and data analysis software, financial analysis software, and ERP applications such as NetSuite
- Proficient to Advanced in MS Excel
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data globally
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
- Can identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and then implement solutions
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Ability to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
- Determine how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures
- A passion/interest in gaming and/or prior experience in the Video Game Industry, Fintech, Payments, E-Commerce
- Proficient in Google Suite, Jira, Confluence, Concur, NetSuite
- Active CPA
- Some fluency in Russian is a huge plus
- $180,000 - $200,000 DOE
At Xsolla, we know it isn’t just about the paycheck. That’s why our Benefits Program is designed to meet and enhance our team’s physical, mental, and emotional well-being. Our Benefits Program includes 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision plans for full-time employees AND their families! Additionally, disability and life insurance are company-paid. Chiropractic coverage and flexible spending accounts are there for you, should you need them. And our 401(k) retirement plan includes a company match to help you plan for the future. Burnout is bad for people and bad for business. That’s why we offer unlimited Flexible Time Off and 14 paid holidays each year. We are all about personal and professional growth! Every Xsolla employee has a customized career roadmap, curated by the employee alongside their manager, that helps align company goals with individualized personal goals. In an effort to foster your growth at Xsolla, we offer opportunities for in-house training, independent study, conference attendance, and higher education.
Xsolla is a global video game commerce company with a robust and powerful set of tools and services designed specifically for the video game industry. Since its founding in 2005, Xsolla has helped thousands of game developers and publishers of all sizes fund, market, launch and monetize their games globally and across multiple platforms. As an innovative leader in game commerce, Xsolla’s mission is to solve the inherent complexities of global distribution, marketing, and monetization to help our partners reach more geographies, generate more revenue and create relationships with gamers worldwide. Headquartered and incorporated in Los Angeles, California, with offices in Berlin, Seoul, Beijing, Kuala Lumpur, and cities around the world, Xsolla supports major gaming titles like Valve, Twitch, Roblox, Ubisoft, Epic Games, KRAFTON, Nexters, NetEase, Playstudios, Playrix, miHoYo, Pearl Abyss, NCSoft, and more.
For additional information and to learn more, please visit: xsolla.com
Xsolla is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on the following: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, mental and physical, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military and veteran status, and any other terms deemed by the State of California.
The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time so the individual and organization can achieve their results. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Xsolla takes your privacy very seriously, and will not sell or externally distribute any data received during the hiring process. For more information related to GDPR or CCPA please reach out to email@example.com.
Longevity Opportunity Vision Enjoy the game!