Family Office Accounting & Business Manager
Los Angeles /
S Team – S Team /
We are seeking to hire a Family Office Accounting & Business Manager. (This role will perform many of the same functions of a CFO) The Founders (the “Family”) of a well-known private video game commerce company (the “Company”) are seeking an adaptable, honest, experienced, and self-sufficient leader with an entrepreneurial spirit to establish and run their family office. The Family Office Accounting & Business Manager will operate in close collaboration with the Company in its Headquarter offices located in Sherman Oaks, CA.
This is a unique opportunity to work closely with visionary business leaders and to help them extend their reach and effect change through their personal investments, philanthropy, and longevity research efforts. The successful candidate sought is a high-impact professional, who thrives in a team environment, and will be motivated by the mission & values of both the Family and the Company. While having a technical understanding of the subject matter for the position is important, the cultural fit is the critical factor in identifying the right candidate.
Family Office Accounting & Business Manager will have the support of the Family’s long-time and trusted executive corporate team.
- (The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:)
- Establish, maintain and operate the Family Office in a focused and with high ethical standards and in alignment with the Family’s core values
- Guide the Family through Estate planning
- Guide and advise the Family with strategic tax planning
- Develop and maintain relationships with investment bankers
- Develop and implement the Family Office strategic investment and operational plan
- Manage oversight of all Family assets, including investment accounts, properties, trusts, and other interests
- Develop and oversee the management and strategic development of the Family office
- Oversee the preparation of financial statements, tax returns, and periodic portfolio reports
- Communicate with brokers, and other external advisors affecting Family-directed strategies and/or initiatives
- Responsible for Family office accounting & tax reporting
- Oversee operations of portfolio companies and provide proposals as needed
- Bachelor's degree (plus an active CPA and MBA -- Preferred)
- Living in Los Angeles, CA with deep roots in the Los Angeles Metro area
- Proven track record of negotiating and managing transactions
- Clear ability to successfully interact with diverse internal and external constituencies
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize workflow and manage multiple projects
- Demonstrated experience in being flexible and resourceful within a complex and lean environment
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring skills towards direct subordinates
- Well-developed quantitative skills, including proficiency with Excel, Quickbooks and other accounting systems
- An ideal candidate has an expansive network in Los Angeles and has a deeply rooted passion for the city
- Prior Family office experience and exposure to real estate, tax and/or investment activities is a must
- $380,000 - $400,000 DOE + Performance Bonus
At Xsolla, we know it isn’t just about the paycheck. That’s why our Benefits Program is designed to meet and enhance our team’s physical, mental, and emotional well-being. Our Benefits Program includes 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision plans for full-time employees AND their families! Additionally, disability and life insurance are company-paid. Chiropractic coverage and flexible spending accounts are there for you, should you need them. And our 401(k) retirement plan includes a company match to help you plan for the future.
Burnout is bad for people and bad for business. That’s why we offer unlimited Flexible Time Off and 14 paid holidays each year.
We are all about personal and professional growth! Every Xsolla employee has a customized career roadmap, curated by the employee alongside their manager, that helps align company goals with individualized personal goals. In an effort to foster your growth at Xsolla, we offer opportunities for in-house training, independent study, conference attendance, and higher education.
Xsolla is a global video game commerce company with a robust and powerful set of tools and services designed specifically for the video game industry. Since its founding in 2005, Xsolla has helped thousands of game developers and publishers of all sizes fund, market, launch and monetize their games globally and across multiple platforms. As an innovative leader in game commerce, Xsolla’s mission is to solve the inherent complexities of global distribution, marketing, and monetization to help our partners reach more geographies, generate more revenue and create relationships with gamers worldwide. Headquartered and incorporated in Los Angeles, California, with offices in Berlin, Seoul, Beijing, Kuala Lumpur, and cities around the world, Xsolla supports major gaming titles like Valve, Twitch, Roblox, Ubisoft, Epic Games, KRAFTON, Nexters, NetEase, Playstudios, Playrix, miHoYo, Pearl Abyss, NCSoft, and more.
For additional information and to learn more, please visit: xsolla.com
The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations. The duties of this position may change from time to time so the individual and organization can achieve their results. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive. Xsolla takes your privacy very seriously, and will not sell or externally distribute any data received during the hiring process. For more information related to GDPR or CCPA please reach out to email@example.com.
Xsolla is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on the following: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, mental and physical, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military and veteran status, and any other terms deemed by the State of California.
Xsolla takes your privacy very seriously, and will not sell or externally distribute any data received during the hiring process. For more information related to GDPR or CCPA please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Longevity, Opportunity, Vision, and Enjoy the game!