Tech Lead PHP (Payment)
Kuala Lumpur /
Research & Development – Payments X /
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
The Xsolla Payments team is looking for experienced Tech Lead to work on the company's core product Pay Station - a payments delivery service for games.
The talented Tech Lead will help us with opening our new development office in Kuala Lumpur and building the team from scratch. The Tech Lead will work within a tightly knit global development team, and will play an integral role within Xsolla’s new Kuala Lumpur office. As a Tech Lead, you will be responsible for the product Xsolla Pay Station – a powerful payments tool that lets partners accept funds worldwide via seamlessly integrated and intuitive interface.
We connect millions of users and games worldwide. We help players get the fastest return on their game investment. And for games, we help attract more players around the world. Our team develops new ways to integrate payment systems, customizes solutions for partners, complies with and prevents law regulations in all countries and faces other non-trivial tasks.
If you're full of ambition, not afraid of difficult tasks, ready to develop and want to work in the video game industry - this position is for you.
Backend: PHP 7.1 (Symfony, Doctrine),
Go- Frontend: SPA (Angular)
Infrastructure: MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ, ELK, Docker, GCP, k8s
- Product Development Management:
- Setting goals and planning the development process for the team
- Estimating the time of the implementation of individual tasks
- Organizing and facilitating team Scrum rituals
- Creating product QA process
- Developing key parts of the product
- Participating in product testing and delivery processes
- Team Management:
- Creating a support team from a scratch (onboarding, retaining, etc.)
- Supporting the professional growth of employees through the accumulation of knowledge and experience
- Working with the strengths and weaknesses of team members
- Building a culture of collective responsibility for commitments
- Creating a culture of trust, creativity and mentorship in the team
- Creating and updating a competency map as well as working with personal development tracks for each employee
- Defining future technologies and development architecture with the team
- Participating in the discussion of architectural solutions in the department
- 5+ years work experience Team management experience
- Working knowledge of PHP/Go Programming Language
- Professional knowledge of SQL and MySQL database
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform technologies (Kubernetes Engine, CloudSQL, PubSub and Cloud Run) or with any other cloud provider.
- Experience of developing CI/CD pipelines
- Decent understanding of backend components, such as caches, networks, load balancers, CDNs etc.
- Ability to build reliable, scalable, and fault-tolerant software.
- Proficiency in English (fluent level)
- Ability to work and be flexible in a fast pace environment
- Experience with modern front-end frameworks such as React, Angular or Vue
- Working experience with key-value and document databases
Convenient work tools
Latest Mac workplaces + additional hardware to make you more effective at work
Google Chat, Gmail, Google Drive, Confluence, Jira, GitLab
Free trainings and participation in specialized conferences
Rich knowledge exchange within the company
Health & dental insurance
Flexible hours: organize your day according to your needs and sprint & teamwork demandsNo dress codeComfortable and new office environment
Xsolla is a global video game commerce company with a robust and powerful set of tools and services designed specifically for the video game industry. Since its founding in 2005, Xsolla has helped thousands of game developers and publishers of all sizes fund, market, launch and monetize their games globally and across multiple platforms. As an innovative leader in in-game commerce, Xsolla’s mission is to solve the inherent complexities of global distribution, marketing, and monetization to help our partners reach more geographies, generate more revenue and create relationships with gamers worldwide. Xsolla is headquartered and incorporated in Los Angeles, California, with offices in Berlin, Seoul, and cities worldwide. Xsolla supports major gaming titles like Valve, Twitch, Roblox, Ubisoft, Epic Games, Take-Two, KRAFTON, Nexters, NetEase, Playstudios, Playrix, miHoYo, and more.
For additional information and to learn more, please visit xsolla.com
The duties of this position may change from time to time so the individual and organization can achieve their results. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive. Xsolla KL Sdn Bhd takes your privacy very seriously, and will not sell or externally distribute any data received during the hiring process. Pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”), Xsolla KL Sdn Bhd is mindful and committed to the protection of your personal information and your privacy. For more information related to PDPA 2010 please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Longevity Opportunity Vision Enjoy the game.
**Currently this position is open to all local applicants (Malaysian Citizen) or holding the PR status in Malaysia.