Accounting – Accounting /
Full time /
Are you an experienced accounting professional with a strong background in leadership? Are you seeking an opportunity to make a significant impact at a rapidly growing organization in the video game industry? Do you find satisfaction in problem-solving and driving process improvement? Are you ready for the next challenge while leading a team of dedicated accounting professionals?
We are hiring for the position of Controller at Xsolla! As a key member of our team, you will play a vital role in leading our global accounting efforts at our headquarters in Sherman Oaks, CA. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience working at a global, privately held organization. Reporting directly to our Chief Financial Officer (CFO), this leadership position entails supervising an accomplished accounting team.
Xsolla is a global e-commerce organization that services the gaming industry with a robust and powerful set of tools and services. As an innovative leader in game commerce, we continue to solve the inherent complexities of global distribution, marketing, and monetization so our partners can grow their audience, engagement, and revenue.
Sparked by our deep love for gaming’s union of technology and artistry, our product suite operates in more than 200 countries and territories, 20+ languages, and 130 currencies. What hasn’t changed since our launch in 2005 is our conviction that everyone deserves an equal opportunity to play.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate all accounting operational functions
- Manage the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
- Prepare and publish timely monthly & quarterly financial statements
- Manage external auditor relationships to facilitate completion of audit procedures in a timely and efficient manner
- Establish, implement, manage, and monitor critical accounting and reporting policies, processes and associated metrics
- Work closely with leadership and stakeholders across the organization to set standards and drive compliance
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards
- Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting policies and procedures and efficient control and utilization of financial resources
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of accounting and other financial staff, recommend and implement personnel actions, such as promotions and dismissals
- Supervise employees performing accounting, billing, collections and payroll duties
- Prepare and file annual tax returns or prepare financial information so that outside accountants can complete tax returns
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Current or recent experience leading Accounting processes for a large, global company
- Active CPA preferred, big 4 experience preferred
- 8+ years' progressive experience – combined public & private experience preferred
- 3+ years managing and developing staff/leadership experience , supervising all aspects of month end GL close and financial statement preparation
- Experience preparing for and managing audits
- Experience working in accordance to GAAP
- Experience with ASC 842 Lease Accounting and ASC 606 Revenue Recognition
- Prior experience successfully leading a large ERP implementation, NetSuite a plus
- Ability to successfully participate in and lead projects involving cross-functional teams
- Ability to problem solve and build successful client relationships
- Experience developing and executing internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for various activities
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data globally
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and then implement solutions
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Ability to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
- Proficiency in accounting software, business intelligence and data analysis software, financial analysis software, and ERP applications such as NetSuite, Excel, Concur, ADP or similar software
- Prior work experience in the payments processing industry
- Prior work experience at a company with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Proficiency in Google Workspace, Confluence, Jira a plus
A plus if:
$200,000 - $250,000 a year
At Xsolla, we are passionate about providing a conducive environment for our team to thrive personally and professionally. Our comprehensive Benefits Program caters to the physical, mental, and emotional well-being of our full-time employees and their families. This includes 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision plans, disability and life insurance, chiropractic coverage, flexible spending accounts, and a fully vested 401(k) retirement plan with a 4% company match from the start date.
Understanding the detrimental effects of burnout, we offer unlimited Flexible Time Off and 14 paid holidays each year. Personal and professional development is a cornerstone of our ethos at Xsolla. Each employee has a personalized career roadmap, developed in partnership with their manager, aligning individual and company goals. We support this growth through in-house training, independent study, conference attendance, and higher education opportunities.
Xsolla is a global leader in video game commerce, established in 2005. Our mission is to simplify the complexities of global distribution, marketing, and monetization in the gaming industry. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, with offices worldwide, we support major gaming titles and partners. Our deep commitment to gaming's blend of technology and artistry drives our continuous innovation and dedication to our partners' success.
The role involves typical office activities such as sitting, standing, bending, lifting, and moving intermittently during working hours. These requirements can be met with or without reasonable accommodations. The responsibilities of this position are dynamic and may evolve to align with the organization's goals and objectives.
Xsolla is committed to ensuring the privacy and security of all information collected during hiring. Please direct any inquiries regarding GDPR or CCPA to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Longevity Opportunity Vision Enjoy the game!