Backend Developer (PHP) (Payments)
Full time /
PHP Developer (Payments Team)
The Xsolla Payments team is looking for a passionate Backend developer to work on the company's core product Pay Station - a payments delivery service for games.
We connect millions of users and games worldwide. We help players get the fastest return on their game investment. And for games, we help attract more players around the world. Our team develops new ways to integrate payment systems, customizes solutions for partners, complies with and prevents law regulations in all countries and faces other non-trivial tasks.
If you're full of ambition, not afraid of difficult tasks, ready to develop and want to work in the video game industry - this position is for you.
Backend: PHP 7.1/7.4 (Symfony, Doctrine)
Infrastructure: MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ, ELK, Docker, GCP, k8s
- Develop Web Applications: Create and maintain industrial web application backends using PHP, ensuring high-quality code and performance.
- Algorithm and Data Structure Expertise: Apply a strong understanding of algorithms and data structures to optimize code and improve efficiency.
- Object-Oriented Programming: Utilize decomposition principles, object-oriented programming (OOP), and design patterns to create well-structured and maintainable code.
- Code Testing: Write testable code and develop unit and functional tests to ensure the reliability of payment processing systems.
- Database Management: Demonstrate proficiency in SQL, database design, and knowledge of OLTP/OLAP approaches for effective data management.
- Collaborative Teamwork: Actively participate in team development, fostering a collaborative and innovative development environment.
- Technical Documentation: Read manuals and technical literature in English to stay updated with industry advancements and best practices.
- High-Load Enterprise Applications: Contribute to the development of high-load enterprise applications, with a focus on creating robust, scalable, and event-driven systems.
- Architectural Patterns: Apply architectural application patterns to design and implement efficient and reliable payment processing systems.
- CI/CD Integration: Work with continuous integration and deployment systems such as Docker, Capistrano, Jenkins, Gitlab, and more to ensure the smooth deployment of payment solutions.
- Frontend Development: Engage in frontend development, including experience in developing Single Page Applications (SPA), to create comprehensive payment solutions
- Agile Methodologies: Have experience with Scrum is a must, with knowledge of SAFe considered a plus, to work efficiently within an agile development framework.
- Have experience in programming and industrial web application backend development in PHP;
- Have a good understanding of algorithms and data structures;
- Understand decomposition principles, OOP and patterns;
- Can write testable code, unit and functional tests;
- Have a good command of SQL, database design, OLTP/OLAP approaches;
- Have involved in team development;
- Read manuals and technical literature in English
GOOD TO HAVE
- Have experience in building high-load enterprise applications, event-driven systems;
- Know the architectural application patterns and have experience applying them;
- Work with continuous integration and deployment systems: Docker, Capistrano, Jenkins, Gitlab, etc;
- Have done Frontend development (for example, have experience developing SPA applications).
Convenient work tools
Latest Mac workplaces + additional hardware to make you more effective at work
Google Chat, Gmail, Google Drive, Confluence, Jira, GitLab
Free trainings and participation in specialized conferences
Rich knowledge exchange within the company
Health insurance (Medical, dental and optical)- Employee and dependants
Flexible hours: organize your day according to your needs and sprint & teamwork demands
No dress code
Comfortable and new office environment
Xsolla is a global video game commerce company with a robust and powerful set of tools and services designed specifically for the video game industry. Since its founding in 2005, Xsolla has helped thousands of game developers and publishers of all sizes fund, market, launch and monetize their games globally and across multiple platforms. As an innovative leader in game commerce, Xsolla’s mission is to solve the inherent complexities of global distribution, marketing, and monetization to help our partners reach more geographies, generate more revenue and create relationships with gamers worldwide. Headquartered and incorporated in Los Angeles, California, with offices in Berlin, Seoul, Beijing, Kuala Lumpur, and cities around the world, Xsolla supports major gaming titles like Valve, Twitch, Roblox, Ubisoft, Epic Games, KRAFTON, Nexters, NetEase, Playstudios, Playrix, miHoYo, Pearl Abyss, NCSoft, and more.
For additional information and to learn more, please visit: xsolla.com
The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time so the individual and organization can achieve their results. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive. Xsolla KL Sdn Bhd takes your privacy very seriously, and will not sell or externally distribute any data received during the hiring process. Pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”), Xsolla KL Sdn Bhd is mindful and committed to the protection of your personal information and your privacy. For more information related to PDPA 2010 please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Longevity Opportunity Vision Enjoy the game.
**Currently this position is open to all local applicants (Malaysian Citizen) or holding the PR status in Malaysia.
For more vacancies: https://xsolla.com/careers/vacancies