Europe / Berlin / London / Cyprus
Legal Department – Legal Team /
Full time /
Xsolla is a global e-commerce organization founded in 2005. Originally, the company started as a payment solutions provider specifically catering to the needs of online gaming. Over the years, Xsolla expanded its services beyond payment processing to become a comprehensive platform that supports game developers and publishers in multiple aspects of their business offering a platform that facilitates in-game purchases, virtual currency transactions, offering tools for game development, marketing, analytics, anti-fraud and much more.
As an innovative leader in game commerce, we continue to solve the inherent complexities of global distribution, marketing, and monetization so our partners can grow their audience, engagement, and revenue. Sparked by our deep love for gaming’s union of technology and artistry, our product suite operates in more than 200 countries and territories, 20+ languages, and 130 currencies. What hasn’t changed since our launch in 2005 is our conviction that everyone deserves an equal opportunity to play.
As the newest member of the Legal team, you will work within a close knit team while also collaborating with colleagues globally and be responsible for creating legal documents for new business strategies and the legalities related to the implementation of new business ideas. If you are excited about a new challenge in the gaming industry with career growth opportunities, this role would be the right fit for you!
This role can be based in Berlin, UK or Cyprus
- Counsel on all legal issues and implications of potential business decisions, initiatives and payment strategies, providing legal advice, strategies, and solutions for general business and legal issues.
- Give accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics (labor law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance, immigration etc.).
- Maintaining current knowledge on laws and regulations around payment services and digital innovations.
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust.
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights.
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization.
- Identify, summarize, and analyze the impact of new and proposed applicable rules and regulations to business decisions and current strategies.
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating contracts and other documentation for new business ideas.
- Working closely with business and technology teams to understand and achieve key business objectives and help them develop compelling product and service offerings.
- Manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Provide other legal services and advice to the company as needed
- A minimum of 5 years of experience, whether at a law firm, in-house, or a combination of both.
- Practical experience with laws and regulations around digital innovations.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proficient understanding of business sensitivities and confidentiality.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Ability to resolve and handle difficult challenges and issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to self-motivate and work individually, as well as with a team.
- Strong time management skills to closely monitor and track your own work, as you will be interfacing with an international team and time zone differences.
- Ability to multitask and work across multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of general corporate law English language (Advanced/C1 or higher).
- Excellent legal research, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, spot issues, prioritize, and multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in the gaming industry.
- Familiarity with payment systems
We would be over the moon if you have one of the following:
Size and Complexity:
Proven track record of successfully managing multiple priorities and projects while maintaining a positive, professional attitude and demeanor
Ability to participate in special projects
Ability to handle confidential information with the utmost level of professionalism
Perform well on cross-functional project teams
At Xsolla, we know it isn’t just about the paycheck. That’s why our Benefits Program is designed to meet and enhance our team’s physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
Burnout is bad for people and bad for business, which is why we offer unlimited Flexible Time Off and 28 paid holidays every year. We are all about personal and professional growth!
We are all about personal and professional growth! Every Xsolla employee has a customized career roadmap, curated by the employee alongside their manager, that helps align company goals with individualized personal goals. In an effort to foster your growth at Xsolla, we offer opportunities for in-house training, independent study, conference attendance, and higher education.
Xsolla is the video game commerce company, powered by its Transaction Engine and Business Engine, that helps developers and publishers market, sell, connect and optimize their games globally. Serving only the video game industry, the Xsolla Transaction Engine powers the full suite of cloud-based tools to promote and monetize projects, while Xsolla Business Engine provides clients with the roadmap to maximize those tools, and connect them with industry partnerships to expand their business. The two work seamlessly together -- for businesses of all sizes, from indie to enterprise -- to solve the complexities of distribution, marketing and monetization so they can increase their audience, sales and revenue. Headquartered in Los Angeles, with offices worldwide, Xsolla operates as a merchant and seller of record for major gaming entities like Valve, Twitch, Roblox, Ubisoft, Epic Games and KRAFTON. For more information, please visit www.xsolla.com.
Xsolla is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on the following: Race, color, Ancestry, national origin, Religion, creed, Age, Disability, mental and physical, Sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), Sexual orientation, Gender identity, gender expression, Medical condition, Genetic information, Marital status, Military and veteran status, and any other terms deemed by the UK/EU.
The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time so the individual and organization can achieve their results. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Xsolla takes your privacy very seriously, and will not sell or externally distribute any data received during the hiring process pursuant to the GDPR Personal Data Protection Act 2016/679 of 14/04/2016. For more information related to GDPR or CCPA, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Longevity Opportunity Vision Enjoy the game!