Chief Financial Officer, Xsolla
Accounting – Accounting /
We're looking to hire an experienced and detailed Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to plan, lead and communicate Xsolla's financial strategy and perform effective risk management. The CFO will direct and oversee the financial activities of the corporation, direct the preparation of current financial reports and summaries, and create forecasts predicting future growth. The ideal candidate must be well-versed in all aspects of financial management ranging from simple accounting to broad investment and banking operations, risk management. and international currency operations. The chosen candidate will be a mentor leader, capable of overseeing and guiding cross-cultural, international finance teams.
We are specifically looking for candidates who have a strong background at a payment processing, acquirer, or large tech organization. If you're someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys working with cutting-edge technology, this could be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Xsolla is a global e-commerce organization that services the gaming industry with a robust and powerful set of tools and services. As an innovative leader in game commerce, we continue to solve the inherent complexities of global distribution, marketing, and monetization so our partners can grow their audience, engagement, and revenue.
Sparked by our deep love for gaming’s union of technology and artistry, our product suite operates in more than 200 countries and territories, 20+ languages, and 130 currencies. What hasn’t changed since our launch in 2005 is our conviction that everyone deserves an equal opportunity to play.
- The goals are to protect Xsolla's revenues and profits and to achieve all financial goals and sustainable growth
- Responsible, either directly or by managing staff, for all cash management, currency transactions, insurance, budgeting, and financial reporting, helping achieve the company’s financial goals
- Coordinate the development of the annual operating, capital, and program budgets and reporting against the same
- Ensure cash flow is compatible with company operations, by overseeing the day-to-day accounting, recording, reporting, and internal control activities of the organization
- Lead the development and use of best-practice policies and tools that ensure a well-controlled yet flexible organization with strong fiscal management, project management, cross team communications and workflow
- Comply with global (countries of operation), U.S. federal, state, and local financial requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing compliance, and taking action
- Resolve complex international revenue recognition, banking and tax issues
- Oversee Xsolla's accounting department, budget preparation, and audit functions
- Supervise the accounting department to ensure the proper functioning of all systems, databases and financial software
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, statutory compliance and financial procedures
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data for all recipients
- Work with other department heads to monitor each department and make recommendations
- Direct the preparation of all financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, shareholder reports, tax returns, and governmental agency reports
- Compare sales and profit projections to actual figures and budgeted expenses to actual expenses; make or oversee any necessary adjustments to future projections and budgets
- Review planning process and suggests improvements to current methodsAnalyze operations to identify areas in need of reorganization or improvement
- Work with leadership and various stakeholders across the organization to coordinate planning and establish priorities for the planning process
- Study long-range economic trends and project their impact on future growth in global sales and market share
- Mentor and develop a team of senior managers and/or directors, managing work allocation, systems training, performance evaluations, and the building of an effective and efficient team dynamic with documented processes, procedures and succession plans
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansionAssess and evaluate financial performance of the organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts
- Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plans
- Select and engage third party consultants, auditors and other professionals as needed
- Guide larger, cross-divisional and international teamsIdentify and recommend opportunities for expansion into new business areas
- Acting Treasury, oversee cash and currency transactions and work with investment team and bankers to raise additional capital required for expansion
- Represent company to banks, financial partners, institutions, auditors and officials
- 12+ years of progressive experience in Accounting and Finance, 5+ years in a senior leadership role
- Prior experience in payments processing or technology at a large, global organization ($300MM+)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business accounting or finance (Master’s degree in similar field/MBA is a plus)
- Deep understanding of GAAP, advanced accounting, regulatory issues, and tax planning
- “Hands on” large ERP systems experience (NetSuite, SAP, JD Edwards preferred)
- Executive experience with SaaS business models and their associated revenue recognition is strongly preferred
- Exceptional verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Experience in both public and private accounting is preferred
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence – ability to lead and motivate staff with steadfast resolve and personal integrity
- Video game industry experience
- Experience at an organization with an entrepreneurial mindset
- M&A experience as well as and investor relations with a working knowledge of raising capital
- Active CPA
A plus if:
$300,000 - $450,000 a year
At Xsolla, our Benefits Program is designed to meet and enhance our team’s physical, mental, and emotional well-being. We offer 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision plans for full-time employees AND their families (that start on the first of the month after start date)! Additionally, disability and life insurance are company-paid. Chiropractic coverage and flexible spending accounts are there for you, should you need them. And our 401(k) retirement plan is entirely immediately vested at the start date and includes a 4% company match to help you plan for the future.
Burnout is bad for people and bad for business. That’s why we offer paid unlimited Flexible Time Off and 14 paid holidays each year.
We are all about personal and professional growth! Every Xsolla employee has a customized career roadmap, curated by the employee alongside their manager, that helps align company goals with individualized personal goals. In an effort to foster your growth at Xsolla, we offer opportunities for in-house training, independent study, conference attendance, and higher education.
Xsolla is a global video game commerce company with a robust and powerful set of tools and services designed specifically for the video game industry. Since its founding in 2005, Xsolla has helped thousands of game developers and publishers of all sizes fund, market, launch and monetize their games globally and across multiple platforms. As an innovative leader in game commerce, Xsolla’s mission is to solve the inherent complexities of global distribution, marketing, and monetization to help our partners reach more geographies, generate more revenue and create relationships with gamers worldwide. Headquartered and incorporated in Los Angeles, California, with offices in Berlin, Seoul, Beijing, Kuala Lumpur, Tokyo and cities around the world, Xsolla supports major gaming titles like Valve, Twitch, Roblox, Ubisoft, Epic Games, Take-Two, KRAFTON, Nexters, NetEase, Playstudios, Playrix, miHoYo, and more.
For additional information and to learn more, please visit: xsolla.com
The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time so the individual and organization can achieve their results. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Xsolla takes your privacy very seriously, and will not sell or externally distribute any data received during the hiring process. For more information related to GDPR or CCPA please reach out to email@example.com.
Longevity Opportunity Vision Enjoy the game!