Social Media Manager
New York City, NY
Join Andrew Yang and the fight to put Humanity First as he runs for president in 2020!
One of the most exciting and unique candidates in the 2020 election, Andrew Yang is an entrepreneur running for President as a Democrat in 2020. In 2011, he founded Venture for America, a national entrepreneurship fellowship, and spent helped create 2,500 jobs in cities like Cleveland, Detroit, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh. When Andrew realized that new technology like artificial intelligence threatened to eliminate one-third of all American jobs, he knew he had to do something. In The War on Normal People (2018), he explains the mounting crisis and makes the case for implementing a universal basic income: $1,000 a month for every American adult, no strings attached.
You can learn more about the campaign at Yang2020.com, or listening to Andrew on the Joe Rogan Experience.
The Andrew Yang 2020 Presidential Campaign is looking for a social media manager to support the Yang political campaign social media efforts. The hired individual will be a key part of our social media team, helping to execute social media campaigns to flawlessly and increase our exposure to the country.
We’re seeing much momentum due to qualifying for the September and October debates and increasing social media coverage, so this is an incredibly exciting time to join the campaign. We expect much growth all-around in the coming months. #YangGang
Roles And Responsibilities
● Manage and grow business presence across social media channels, including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc
● Create and manage a social media content program and editorial calendar mapping to our digital marketing strategy and in collaboration with the marketing team’s strategy
● Maximize social network interaction on a daily basis to build and keep communities engaged - respond to posts regularly, while maintaining the voice of the brand
● Use digital/social analytics, and other metrics to monitor, capture, and share interactivity and reporting data to inform social strategy and campaign stats on a regular basis
● Evaluate and report on digital tactics and efforts
● Participate in brainstorms and creative strategy sessions across marketing initiatives to help bring a holistic approach to our marketing in support of the team’s strategy
● Work with teams on social best practices and ideas to grow relationships as well as overall business
● Collaborate with designer, product development, sales, external influencers, and industry experts to produce relevant content that meets the needs of both key stakeholders and our audiences.
● Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the voter base as well as how to market courses to customers
Education And Experience
● 1-2 years digital/social marketing experience in a B2B/B2C corporation or social experience in an agency setting preferred
● A strong passion for education, learning, technology, and staying current in social trends
● Performed analysis or created reports leveraging digital or social marketing data
Skills And Abilities
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and attention to detail (including proofreading)
● Experience creating and editing copy and graphics for multi-channel use
● Strong project management skills and adept with working on simultaneous projects at different stages
● Savvy technology user with a solid understanding of major social media platforms, web content management systems (CMS), email and marketing automation practices
● Self-starter attitude with strong time-management skills, curious about understanding and solving problems with a data-driven mindset
● Ability to collaborate with a team and work with a group
● Strong knowledge of MS Office, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
● Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where she/he must be able to work with a high level of accuracy
Full benefits with health, dental, and vision policies included.
Yang2020 is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply. Yang2020 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veterans, marital or familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, criminal record information (except where permitted under applicable law), or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination. For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.