Senior Video Editor
New York City, NY
Join Andrew Yang and the fight to put Humanity First as he runs for president in 2020!
One of the most exciting and unique candidates in the 2020 election, Andrew Yang is an entrepreneur running for President as a Democrat in 2020. In 2011, he founded Venture for America, a national entrepreneurship fellowship, and spent helped create 2,500 jobs in cities like Cleveland, Detroit, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh. When Andrew realized that new technology like artificial intelligence threatened to eliminate one-third of all American jobs, he knew he had to do something. In The War on Normal People (2018), he explains the mounting crisis and makes the case for implementing a universal basic income: $1,000 a month for every American adult, no strings attached.
You can learn more about the campaign at Yang2020.com, or listening to Andrew on the Joe Rogan Experience.
Yang2020 is hiring a Senior Video Editor to help support their storytelling efforts. This individual will work directly with the Digital Director and Creative Director to deliver and develop the Yang2020 story as Andrew Yang tours American and makes the case for Universal Basic Income. In this role, the individual will create anything from short form/fast-paced social media videos to longer form documentary style videos with long overarching narratives.
Be able to take raw footage, with limited direction, and tell the story of Andrew YangHave a computer able to edit large volumes of multi camera 4k shootsBe able to switch between long-form story to fast-paced social media videos with varying formatsBe able to templatize and document styling to systemize social media video work for associatesAnimation/motion graphic skills a bonusWork on multiple projects at a time with varying deadlines.Based out of NYC
- Be able to take raw footage, with limited direction, and tell the story of Andrew Yang
- Have a computer able to edit large volumes of multi camera 4k shoots
- Be able to switch between long-form story to fast-paced social media videos with varying formats
- Be able to templatize and document styling to systematize social media video work for associates
- Animation/motion graphic skills a bonus
- Work on multiple projects at a time with varying deadlines
The Ideal Candidate
- Exceptionally detail-oriented
- Organized, energetic, and positive
- Self-directed and reliable
- Proactive in identifying issues before they create problems
- An excellent communicator
- Flexible and able to handle frequent and abrupt changes to the Candidate’s schedule
- Able to handle a fast-paced and high-speed work environment
- Self-starter with the ability to take initiatives and run with projects independently
- A passion for the future of the American economy and the need for Universal Basic Income
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a variety of individuals
- Join the ground floor of a presidential candidate and national movement
- Work with a talented team in a fast-paced start-up environment in New York City
- Upward mobility opportunities as the campaign continues to grow
- Must be available 10am-7pm EST, with night and weekend availability as needed for the campaign
- Competitive, commensurate with experience