Junior Graphic Designer
New York City, NY
Join Andrew Yang and the fight to put Humanity First as he runs for president in 2020!
One of the most exciting and unique candidates in the 2020 election, Andrew Yang is an entrepreneur running for President as a Democrat in 2020. In 2011, he founded Venture for America, a national entrepreneurship fellowship, and spent helped create 2,500 jobs in cities like Cleveland, Detroit, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh. When Andrew realized that new technology like artificial intelligence threatened to eliminate one-third of all American jobs, he knew he had to do something. In The War on Normal People (2018), he explains the mounting crisis and makes the case for implementing a universal basic income: $1,000 a month for every American adult, no strings attached.
You can learn more about the campaign at Yang2020.com, or listening to Andrew on the Joe Rogan Experience.
Yang2020 is hiring a Junior Graphic Designer to help support their storytelling and branding initiatives. This individual will work directly with the Creative Director and Design Lead to deliver and develop our digital message in order to engage voters and raise awareness of Andrew Yang's campaign and message.
- Taking concepts for marketing campaigns and, with little direction, creating high quality graphics that convey our message.
- Creating a variety of visually dynamic content including infographics, motion graphics, illustrations, and promotional graphics.
- Adhering to campaign branding while creating visually dynamic content
- Working on multiple projects at a time with varying deadlines
- Fluency in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Proficiency in Adobe After Effects and Figma strongly preferred
- Ability to work on a Mac desktop computer in-office and work remotely from a personal device as needed
- 2+ years commercial graphic design experience
- Ability to take direction and work collaboratively within a creative team
- Ability to shoot high quality photos and travel as needed strongly preferred
- Animation/motion graphic skills strongly preferred
- Prior political experience strongly preferred
Yang2020 is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply. Yang2020 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veterans, marital or familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, criminal record information (except where permitted under applicable law), or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination. For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.