Grassroots Finance Associate
New York City, NY
Join Andrew Yang and the fight to put Humanity First as he runs for president in 2020!
As one of the most exciting and unique candidates in the Democratic presidential race, entrepreneur Andrew Yang sets out to bridge the divide in American society. In 2011, he founded Venture for America, an entrepreneurial non-profit that helped create 2,500 jobs in cities like Cleveland, Detroit, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh.
Once Andrew realized that new technology, such as artificial intelligence, threatened to eliminate one-third of all American jobs, he knew he had to do something. In The War on Normal People (2018), he explains the mounting crisis and makes the case for implementing a freedom dividend of $1,000 a month for every American adult: no strings attached. Most importantly, Andrew Yang understands that the future of America is not left, not right, but forward.
To learn more about the campaign, go to Yang2020.com.
You can also hear more from Andrew on the Joe Rogan Experience!
Yang2020 is hiring a Grassroots Finance Associate to serve as the primary point of contact within the campaign for hosts working to raise funds for Yang2020. This individual will work with the Deputy Finance Director to ensure successful execution of grassroots fundraising events. An effective Grassroots Fundraising Liaison will have an affinity for organization, and experience in on-phone sales or fundraising with a track record of securing sales/donations.
- Scout and communicate with grassroots fundraising hosts by phone, email, and text
- Work directly with hosts to determine achievable fundraising goals and offer creative support for hosts as they plan events
- Assist and develop event programming
- Track all grassroots fundraising events in given region/subgroup
- Serve as campaign representative at grassroots fundraising Events
- Liaise with merchandise team to support host efforts
- Liaise with political team to source surrogates for high dollar events and prepare surrogate briefings
- This role can be based out of NYC, Chicago, LA, SF, Houston, Austin, or Portland
- The opportunity to shape an inspiring grassroots presidential campaign
- Great health insurance, vision, and dental
- Professional growth: elevating your political career to the next level
- Be a part of an innovative, start-up environment that wants to make groundbreaking change!
Yang2020 is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply. Yang2020 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veterans, marital or familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, criminal record information (except where permitted under applicable law), or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination. For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.