Director of Web Services
New York City, NY
Join Andrew Yang and the fight to put Humanity First as he runs for president in 2020!
As one of the most exciting and unique candidates in the Democratic presidential race, entrepreneur Andrew Yang sets out to bridge the divide in American society. In 2011, he founded Venture for America, an entrepreneurial non-profit that helped create 2,500 jobs in cities like Cleveland, Detroit, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh.
Once Andrew realized that new technology, such as artificial intelligence, threatened to eliminate one-third of all American jobs, he knew he had to do something. In The War on Normal People (2018), he explains the mounting crisis and makes the case for implementing a freedom dividend of $1,000 a month for every American adult: no strings attached. Most importantly, Andrew Yang understands that the future of America is not left, not right, but forward.
To learn more about the campaign, go to Yang2020.com.
You can also hear more from Andrew on the Joe Rogan Experience!
The Yang2020 campaign is hiring a Director of Technology & Web Services. The director will lead a team of engineers to maintain and optimize our website. Additionally, the desired candidate will collaborate with other teams within the organization to build a successful and robust tech department.
- Possess and develop a deep understanding of Cybersecurity tools like WAF, CSA Audits, and domain/server management
- Manage ownership of digital assets
- Design intruder detection and prevention systems to prevent network invasion
- Analyze the source of security breaches
- Maintain website stability despite highly variable web traffic
Key Requirements and Qualifications:
- Previous director experience is required, as this individual will oversee the Web manager, the IT director, and their respective teams
- PHP, JS, CSS, HTML and Wordpress expertise is required
- Experience integrating and working with diverse APIs and external data stores
- Have an intuitive eye for design and ability to rapidly spin up web pages for growth testing
- Possess an understanding of accessibility, SEO, responsive design, and website performance
- Experience managing and growing teams of engineers
- Experience executing good code to perfecting great code
- Previous political experience highly preferred
Yang2020 is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply. Yang2020 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veterans, marital or familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, criminal record information (except where permitted under applicable law), or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination. For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.