California State Director
Join Andrew Yang and the fight to put Humanity First as he runs for president in 2020!
As one of the most exciting and unique candidates in the Democratic presidential race, entrepreneur Andrew Yang sets out to bridge the divide in American society. In 2011, he founded Venture for America, an entrepreneurial non-profit that helped create 2,500 jobs in cities like Cleveland, Detroit, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh.
Once Andrew realized that new technology, such as artificial intelligence, threatened to eliminate one-third of all American jobs, he knew he had to do something. In The War on Normal People (2018), he explains the mounting crisis and makes the case for implementing a freedom dividend of $1,000 a month for every American adult: no strings attached. Most importantly, Andrew Yang understands that the future of America is not left, not right, but forward.
To learn more about the campaign, go to Yang2020.com.
You can also hear more from Andrew on the Joe Rogan Experience!
The Yang2020 campaign is seeking a strong, dynamic State Director to build out our base in California. Not only will the State Director have experience on campaigns at the state and national level, but she/he will be able to engage constituents on issues dear to the future of our country!
The desired candidate will be able to oversee the day-to-day operations of the organizing, communications, political, digital, data, and operations departments. Additionally, the State Director will work to develop GOTV efforts, operational strategy, and team expansion throughout the districts and counties. We seek a promising, talented individual who will be able to think outside of the box and facilitate voter engagement through empowering grassroots efforts, as we seek to unify voters from all walks of life.
- Hire and manage senior staff statewide
- Ensure organizing program is running smooth including but not limited to: trainings for phone bankers, volunteers, organizers, etc; managing timely and accurate data, and holding staff accountable to goals
- Work with the National Data Team to develop tracking mechanisms for field progress
- Oversee implementation of a Communications and Digital Plan
- Work with political department to build relationships with activists/external organizations throughout the state, and identify opportunities to partner
- 5 -7 years of managing organizing operations
- Passion for promoting prosperity in America as well as raising awareness for issues aligned with the Yang2020 campaign
- The ability to organize and rally support within communities of color, and further political diversity and inclusion
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues, external organizations
- The ability to multi-task w/o sacrificing quality of work
- Ability to facilitate team-building as well as cohesive, transparent environment
- Experience working with VAN is strongly preferred
- Experience within organizing (electoral and issue-based organizing)
- The opportunity to shape an inspiring grassroots presidential campaign
- Great health insurance, vision, and dental
- Professional growth: elevating your political career to the next level
- Be a part of an innovative, start-up environment that wants to make groundbreaking change!
Yang2020 is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply. Yang2020 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veterans, marital or familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, criminal record information (except where permitted under applicable law), or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination. For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.