Iowa Data Director
Join Andrew Yang and the fight to put Humanity First as he runs for president in 2020!
As one of the most exciting and unique candidates in the Democratic presidential race, entrepreneur Andrew Yang sets out to bridge the divide in American society. In 2011, he founded Venture for America, an entrepreneurial non-profit that helped create 2,500 jobs in cities like Cleveland, Detroit, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh.
Once Andrew realized that new technology, such as artificial intelligence, threatened to eliminate one-third of all American jobs, he knew he had to do something. In The War on Normal People (2018), he explains the mounting crisis and makes the case for implementing a freedom dividend of $1,000 a month for every American adult: no strings attached. Most importantly, Andrew Yang understands that the future of America is not left, not right, but forward.
To learn more about the campaign, go to Yang2020.com.
You can also hear more from Andrew on the Joe Rogan Experience!
The Data Director will be responsible for managing multiple data sources, the campaign’s in-state data architecture and pipelines, and the integration of various data sources across campaign departments. The Data Director is also responsible for working with other departments within the state to develop analytical reports to further the campaign’s work. Working closely with the State Director to manage and create an integrated campaign that brings digital, organizing, and technology together in a way that is informed by evidence.
· A positive, customer-service oriented personality and the ability to respond to issues promptly
· At least 1-2 complete cycles campaign experienceDemonstrated data analysis and writing skills, in a political environment.
· Ability to plan and manage time sensitive projects with competing needs.
· Experience using data to inform and develop direct voter contact plans, and an understanding of the different voter contact methods Expertise with statistical models, precinct targeting, and Votebuilder/VAN.
· Experience with at least one of the following: advanced Excel functions (vlookup, index(match), if functions, pivot tables), basic to intermediate SQL (joins, count, groupby, etc), data visualization tools (Tableau, Periscope, Google Data Studio, Power BI), mapping tools (GIS/QGIS)Familiarity with SMS and digital organizing tools (Hustle/Relay, Mobilize America, etc)
· Experience standardizing data from multiple sources to produce complex reports.
· Capacity and desire to work long hours in a campaign setting.
Yang2020 is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply. Yang2020 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veterans, marital or familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, criminal record information (except where permitted under applicable law), or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination. For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.