IT Support Specialist
New York City, NY
Join Andrew Yang and the fight to put Humanity First as he runs for president in 2020!
One of the most exciting and unique candidates in the 2020 election, Andrew Yang is an entrepreneur running for President as a Democrat in 2020. In 2011, he founded Venture for America, a national entrepreneurship fellowship, and spent helped create 2,500 jobs in cities like Cleveland, Detroit, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh. When Andrew realized that new technology like artificial intelligence threatened to eliminate one-third of all American jobs, he knew he had to do something. In The War on Normal People (2018), he explains the mounting crisis and makes the case for implementing a universal basic income: $1,000 a month for every American adult, no strings attached.
You can learn more about the campaign at Yang2020.com, or listening to Andrew on the Joe Rogan Experience.
The IT Support Specialist will provide IT technical support to the campaign employees, help administer company policies, and directly impact the effectiveness and productivity of the team.
- Provide first-level contact and problem resolution for all users with hardware, software and application issues.
- Install, configure, backup, and provide general support of building staff computers, phones and printers.
- Help onboard new staff - in person and remote staff.
- Create and deploy computers and security policies.
- User account creation, password resets and unlock accounts on end user applications.
- Escalate, route and redirect problems to supervisor and/or other management if necessary.
- Maintain communications with customers during the problem resolution process.
- Provide accurate and timely logging of problems/resolution in the Help Desk ticketing system.
- Create and maintain documentation on a consistent basis.
- Maintain equipment inventory with proper labeling and documentation.
- Follow policies and procedures for the handling of support cases using SLA guidelines.
- Work as part of a team to support all campaign staff, interns, and volunteers.
- Serve as a liaison between the Yang2020 campaign and local external support vendors.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team player.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Must have knowledge of LAN, Laptop, and Software troubleshooting.
- Proficient with standard office software and hardware.
- Willingness to learn and to reach out when help is needed.
- Ability to work with multiple personality types and a highly stressful environment
- Proactively identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- This position requires heavy travel and may require working outside of normal business hours.
Yang2020 is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply. Yang2020 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veterans, marital or familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, criminal record information (except where permitted under applicable law), or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination. For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.