New York City, NY
Join Andrew Yang and the fight to put Humanity First as he runs for president in 2020!
As one of the most exciting and unique candidates in the Democratic presidential race, entrepreneur Andrew Yang sets out to bridge the divide in American society. In 2011, he founded Venture for America, an entrepreneurial non-profit that helped create 2,500 jobs in cities like Cleveland, Detroit, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh.
Once Andrew realized that new technology, such as artificial intelligence, threatened to eliminate one-third of all American jobs, he knew he had to do something. In The War on Normal People (2018), he explains the mounting crisis and makes the case for implementing a freedom dividend of $1,000 a month for every American adult: no strings attached. Most importantly, Andrew Yang understands that the future of America is not left, not right, but forward.
To learn more about the campaign, go to Yang2020.com.
You can also hear more from Andrew on the Joe Rogan Experience!
Yang2020 is seeking a Budget Associate. This hire will report to the Budget Director, who will invest in the associate’s growth and acclimation to the exciting world of politics and strategy. Accounting experience, especially with industry standard technologies and spreadsheets, is preferred.
- Collect top-line revenue and expenditure from multiple sources of data, constantly keeping tabs on planned spend, actual spend, and variance
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information and support the timeliness of reporting and numbers.
- Gain a deep understanding of the organization, its personnel, and the strategic reason behind every dollar coming in and out of the org
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information and analyzing accounting options
- Work with numerous partners including banking institutions, credit card companies, and payments solutions to build a robust distributed finance system with centralized reporting
- Assist with payroll, reimbursements, reporting software, engaging both in the design of macro systems and the implementation in the weeds of how to get money to whom and when
- Maintain and engage with vendors and suppliers to facilitate smooth liquidity and just-in-time payments for harmonious win-win partnerships
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents and expenses to verify purpose
- Serves as a source of institutional knowledge in answering payment and reimbursement questions as well as proper procedure by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information
- Secures financial information by completing database backups and maintains financial security by following internal controls
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Accounting, or Finance
- Strong and careful attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Quantitative background: Comfortable with numbers, calculations, and financial reporting
- Great health insurance, vision, and dental
- Casual dress environment and lunch buddy program
- Professional growth: fast-track career opportunity to elevate your career to the next level
- The unique opportunity to fight for #HumanityFirst
Yang2020 is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply. Yang2020 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veterans, marital or familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, criminal record information (except where permitted under applicable law), or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination. For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.