Field Marketer (freelance)
Sausalito, CA /
At Yardzen, we believe people are at their best when they’re outside.
We have a simple promise: help people envision the outdoor spaces of their dreams, all online, and then match them with the right local contractors to bring their design to life. Since our launch in 2018, we’ve helped thousands of homeowners achieve their dream yards, make environmentally responsible decisions, boost their property values and get more out of their outdoor spaces.
We are disrupting the $200 billion outdoor renovation industry. By leveraging technology and creating an innovative online process, we offer a more straightforward, transparent, and delightful design and build experience for the modern homeowner. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Best Startup Employer, Fast Company Most Innovative Company, named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work, and written about by Architectural Digest, The New York Times, Sunset Magazine, House Beautiful, The Wall Street Journal, and Forbes. And we’re just getting started.
We’re looking for an experienced marketing freelancer who knows how to run and scale field marketing for a consumer brand. You will play a key role in developing and executing the overall growth strategy.
Most homeowners find their contractors, designers, and other home professionals via word of mouth. This role aims to crack word of mouth in key markets by sourcing and activating referral networks.
You should be equally comfortable proposing high-level strategy as executing the details and analyzing performance data. You will be plugging into a team of talented marketers, partnering with them to achieve targets.
This is a unique opportunity to freelance in growth marketing – you’ll mostly operate as an individual contributor who can work on your own schedule with a lot of flexibility. Yet, you can drive a critical business initiative and have a tremendous impact.
- Develop a local advertising strategy - driving growth in very specific cities and zip codes
- Source leads and runs outbound communications with relevant professional groups (e.g., realtors, contractors, interior designers) in key regions to increase brand awareness and activate in-market brand ambassadors
- Communicate the value of Yardzen and effectively represent our brand
- Work closely with the creative team to develop new assets for you to deploy, including new social ads, landing pages, and physical collateral
- Run your own analysis on the performance of tactics, constantly look for learnings, and share findings
Who You Are:
- Talented growth marketer with experience growing a D2C brand, particularly in a segment related to homeownership (e.g., high-priced home goods, professional services)Experience with sourcing leads, executing outbound comms, and nurturing relationships to drive referrals and ultimately sales (e.g., outbound sales, field marketing, affiliate marketing)
- Experience running local campaigns and driving a market-specific strategy through low-cost tactics
- Self-starter who can operate without a lot of direction
- Comfortable writing own marketing copy and giving specific creative direction to others
About The Role:
- This is a 1099 contract position in which fees are paid on a monthly basis and based on a rate of $50-$75 per hour (depending on experience)
- 15-20 hours per week but we are flexible when you work those hours
- This is a remote U.S. based position
$50 - $75 an hour
This hourly range is based on Yardzen's good faith estimate as of the date of publication and may be modified in the future. The level of pay within the range will depend on a variety of job-related factors that may include location, relevant prior experience and/or education, or particular skills and expertise.
At Yardzen, we’re committed to creating a space where our employees can bring their full selves to work and have equal opportunities to succeed. We are looking for people that will add to our culture, not just fit in. So regardless of race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, origin, ability, age, or veteran status, if joining this mission speaks to you, we encourage you to apply!
Since April 2020, we're a remote-first organization. We believe work is a thing you do, not a place you go, and we can stay connected as an organization from anywhere. We believe that clearly defined goals combined with awesome people, authentic empowerment, and autonomy create the best results.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the application or the recruiting process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yardzen is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Yardzen is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.