Content Producer and Manager
San Francisco & Mountain View
What We Do
Y Combinator (YC) is a startup fund and program. Since 2005, YC has invested in over 2,000 companies including Airbnb, Dropbox, Stripe, Reddit, Instacart, and Docker. These companies are now worth over $155B combined. YC has built programs that support founders throughout the life of their company. Many of our services were created by YC alumni who later became YC partners — so, we understand the challenges involved with building a company. We help founders navigate their biggest challenges — from learning how to start a company, to finding customers, to raising funding and hiring their first employees, to raising a Series A and scaling beyond.
One of our goals at YC is to make startups more accessible to talented people, no matter where they are in the world. One way we do that is through making what we teach available, for free, to founders everywhere. We write essays, publish tactical guides, and produce videos and podcasts that share founder stories and capture guidance from YC partners. YC has an incredible community of founders and investors -- and we’d like to work with someone who can help us continue to share the knowledge of our community in creative ways.
- You’ll work with the Outreach Team to craft and execute YC’s content strategy.
- Write and curate YC’s weekly newsletter.
- Write and edit blog posts, essays and guides.
- Manage production for YC's podcasts and videos.
- Manage YC's YouTube channel and community.
- Produce and post content across social account.
- Organize the content we already have, so it's easily searchable.
We’re looking for someone who…
- Loves startups and wants to learn more about them.
- Has two or three years of work experience -- maybe at a startup or tech-focused media company.
- Has excellent communication skills. Is detail oriented and organized.
- Is analytical, and can look at data to figure out what we should be spending our time focusing on.
- Is scrappy and action oriented.
- Can produce content in the voice and style of YC.
Y Combinator is an equal opportunity employer.