Y Combinator is looking for an experienced and energetic office manager who will be responsible for ensuring the office runs like a well-oiled machine.
This is a full-time, mid-level position in our San Francisco office with one day a week in our Mountain View (MV) office. The office manager will be part of the operations team and will report directly to the CEO.
- Day to day running of a busy office: Receiving visitors; Handling routine enquiries; Handling incoming and outgoing mail/packages; Maintaining stocks of office supplies and snacks; Managing catering; Maintaining a strong relationship with building management; Owning upkeep of workstations and conference rooms
- Ensure office cleanliness and tidiness while gently encouraging others to do the same (e.g. load and empty the dishwasher and clean whiteboards in conference rooms when the cleaning crew doesn’t)
- Manage all vendor relationships flawlessly while negotiating pricing fiercely
- Manage and adhere to annual budget
- Proactively seek ways to streamline office processes and leverage best practices that build on our collaborative work environment. We love technology and would like to know what products, services, apps, social tools you think will help streamline YC
- Create, manage, and execute internal events, making the office environment a key driver in company culture; including but not limited to monthly happy hours, quarterly all-hands meetings, partner and operations team meetings, etc.
- Assist with external events held at both SF and MV offices (e.g. in SF, you'd ensure cleaning crew and security are scheduled appropriately, help with setup and breakdown as needed etc. and in MV you'd assist the Ops team in execution of one off events)
- Manage equipment procurement and inventory
- Assist in onboarding and offboarding employees; provide training on office procedures and anything else the HR manager deems necessary, to ensure their experience is positive
- Organized: You are someone who enjoys working hard to make sure details are taken care of quietly, smoothly, and in an organized manner behind the scenes
- Adaptable: You have the ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks in a face-paced and ever-changing environment
- Work Autonomously: You must be able to work with little to no direction. You’re reliable and feel a strong sense of accountability
- Detail Oriented: You execute flawlessly on any task, big or small. You notice when the text is italicized and the quotation marks are not.
- Culture-builder: You know what is needed to build a strong/fun office culture
- Proactive: You know your job is never done. You anticipate others’ needs and enjoy helping others without anyone needing to ask you. You are five steps ahead of everyone else
- Self- Pride: You love being an office manager and your enthusiasm for the role shows in everything you do.
- More: Your communication is clear and efficient. You’re a quick problem-solver. You know what it takes to run an event from conception to completion
- This position requires you to work from the office full time. Unfortunately, it doesn’t allow working remotely.
- Competitive salaries and full benefits including 401(k) + matching and insurance (health, dental, vision, life)
- Unparalleled access to one of the most talented, intelligent, and kindest communities in the world