Research Analyst, Basic Income
YC Research - Basic Income
Start Date: June 2019 (Earlier or later negotiable)
Y Combinator Research is currently seeking a Research Associate to support the Research Manager of the Basic Income Study, including refining survey instruments, creating a data flow, and managing and cleaning data.
- Process, clean, and analyze pilot data using Stata
- Coordinate and organize multiple data streams and ensure adherence to data quality and privacy protocols
- Liaise with partners to develop mutual data reporting protocols and systems
- Develop data quality audits and high frequency checks
- Create a data dashboard to summarize data collection activities for researchers, donors, and staff members
- Pre-test survey instruments
- Perform related duties assigned by supervisor
- A bachelor’s degree in economics, social sciences, public policy, or related fields
- Demonstrated proficiency in Stata and experience with data management and data cleaning required; Experience with Python and R preferred
- Experience with quantitative research, particularly with randomized controlled trials.
- Experience managing multiple data streams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent management and organizations skills
- RAs will be expected to work from our office in Downtown Oakland.
- New hires will attend training in-person at our office in Downtown Oakland.
- This is a 6 month contract with the possibility of extension or conversion to a salaried position
Requirements for Research Associates
- In addition to meeting specific job requirements, employees hired for this position must present evidence of their identity and authorization to work in the United States (I9 documentation). We also require: a working cell phone number; ability to carry a laptop computer and survey documents and supplies, and availability to attend in-person, paid training sessions (no exceptions).
About Y Combinator Research:
Y Combinator Research is a 501(c)(3) non-profit founded to work on basic, open-ended research questions.
Y Combinator Research is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, or any other non-merit factor.