Software Engineer - iOS (m/f/d) (Remote)
Remote, Remote, Germany /
Engineering and Product – Engineering /
No app is better suited for mobile than Yelp. When local content meets location-aware devices that go everywhere with us, Yelp connects with that great local businesses right around the corner and lets you instantly share the experience to help the next person discover it, too. It’s no wonder there are over 30 million users of our apps each month!
Our relatively small iOS community has had a massive impact on the lives of millions, reaching users from around the globe and helping small business owners engage with their customers and build better connections. Yelp has always been on the cutting edge of iOS. From launching our consumer app over 10 years ago, to more recently introducing our business owners app, we continue pushing the envelope of what’s possible on iOS.
This opportunity has the option to be fully remote throughout Germany. We’d love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Where You Come In:
- Build new features in the Yelp app to connect people with great local businesses.
- Improve and iterate on existing functionality to reliably give our users a smooth experience.
- Mentor other engineers and share the skills you’ve learned.
- Continue to learn, grow, and help us take on brand new challenges.
- Be a key part of the larger iOS developer community at Yelp.
What it Takes to Succeed:
- Several years of relevant industry experience.
- An understanding of the iOS platform (Swift).
- Experience with iOS testing, from breaking controller logic into unit-testable pieces to automated UI testing.
- An eagerness to embrace scalability, reliability, and performance challenges.
What You’ll Get:
- Full responsibility for projects from day one, a collaborative team, and a dynamic work environment.
- Competitive salary with equity in the company, a pension scheme, and an optional employee stock purchase plan.
- 30 days paid vacation per year plus one floating holiday.
- €150 monthly reimbursement to help cover remote working expenses.
- €89 caregiver reimbursement to support dependent care for families.
- Flexible working hours and meeting-free Wednesdays.
- Regular 3-day Hackathons, bi-weekly learning groups, and productivity spending to support and encourage your career growth.
- Opportunities to participate in digital events and conferences.
- Complementary elective German lessons for international employees.
- €67 per month to use toward qualifying wellness expenses.
- Quarterly team offsites.
Yelp values diversity. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other protected status.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.