People Analytics Specialist
G&A – People Operations
Yelp is looking for a People Analytics Specialist to join our People Operations team. This key role will work with groups throughout Yelp and data from an array of diverse sources. You will create people analytics and business intelligence solutions that enable business leaders to make quicker, more informed decisions. We are looking for someone adept at engaging with business partners to understand needs and passionate about diving into data, unraveling the complexities, and designing people-focused business intelligence solutions. It’s an incredible opportunity to continue to enhance and evolve this global function, and this role is key to the company’s growth and success.
Role and Responsibilities
As the People Analytics Specialist, you will serve as a key partner of the Total Rewards team and interact regularly with the People Operations team and key business leaders. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic business analytics professional with a knack for getting things done. We'll need you to have both strategic and hands-on experience. This position is a great opportunity to make an impact and to provide vision and direction around strategic growth and achievement of key business objectives.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Continue to evolve and develop Yelp’s People Analytics function to effectively design, implement, administer and manage our People Analytics strategy, delivery and initiatives
- Build relationships with key business partners, lead requirement gathering sessions, analyze source data and systems, and provide feedback on detailed data analysis to guide data-driven, people-focused decision making
- Become a subject matter expert on Yelp people data and share knowledge with business leadership to refine organizational health understanding, and illumine areas of opportunity
- Expand on the people analytics reporting capabilities we have today, build meaningful dashboards and reporting packages that drive business decisions
- Plan and execute business intelligence/analytics projects by collaborating with business partners, data engineering, and data visualization teams
- Contribute to data strategy for data warehousing, reporting, dashboards, and self-service people analytics
- Exercise advanced knowledge of SQL to extract critical information and business value from data spread across multiple databases and data formats
- Provide training and ongoing support to business users on people analytics and business intelligence delivery products
The ideal candidate for this role brings multi-faceted capabilities, such as:
- Strong analytics and business intelligence experience, preferably people-focused analytics
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills to effectively communicate at all levels, from administrative to the C-Suite
- Ability to think globally, strategically and objectively to effectively translate data into actionable insights, strategies and action plans
- Able to connect the dots and clearly articulate the story our data and analysis is pointing toward
- Enthusiasm in a fast-paced, demanding environment while managing sensitive, confidential data
Personal and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in People Analytics, Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, Statistics, or a related field. Master’s a plus.
- 4+ years of experience in a people analytics role, or as a business systems analyst, data analyst/developer
- Experience documenting business and technical requirements and directly interacting with data engineers on business intelligence projects
- Excellent collaboration, communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of people and organization health metrics preferred
- Advanced SQL skills and experience writing complex queries preferred
- Experience with data visualization tools (Workday and Tableau preferred)
- Excellent self-management and interpersonal skills
- Impeccable discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.