Senior Software Engineer - Ad Market Performance (remote)
Engineering and Product – Engineering /
At Yelp, we are on a mission to drive the local economy by connecting users to great businesses. Our team, Ad Market Performance, provides data, analytics, and metrics that enable Yelp to better understand the performance of our advertising products and the quality of the connections we are creating. We track interactions with the product, and aggregate and transform large streams of data as those connections take place. We then serve data that supports and informs key product decisions. Some of our most important use-cases include: understanding the revenue impact of projects at Yelp, serving data as input to train critical machine learning models, and defining a source of truth for our financial data pipelines.
On our team, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of our data infrastructure. You will ensure that Millions of complex interactions are efficiently processed every day and help us meet high expectations for our systems’ availability and performance. And you will design datasets and APIs that empower engineers and decision makers throughout the organization.
Where You Come In:
- Design, build, and deploy systems and services that support Yelp’s data infrastructure
- Write code and documentation, participate in code reviews, mentor other engineers
- Collaborate with other engineering teams and product managers to help define the technical roadmap
- Participate in our on-call rotation, handing off to US-based teams during the night time; no getting woken up in the middle of the night by a 3am page!
What it Takes to Succeed:
- Based or willing to relocate the United Kingdom
- Passion for working with, and making sense of, large volumes of data
- Experience building large-scale distributed systems
- Experience working with one of more of the following technologies: data warehouses (e.g. Redshift), distributed databases (e.g. Cassandra), large-scale data processing (e.g. Spark), realtime data processing (e.g. Flink), RDBMS (e.g. MySQL)Fluency in Python, Scala, Java, or a similar language
- Strong knowledge of systems and application design with an understanding of operational and reliability trade-offs
- Familiarity with cloud computing services like AWS, Azure, etc.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
What You'll Get:
- Full responsibility for projects from day one, an awesome team, and a dynamic work environment
- Competitive salary with equity in the company, a pension scheme, and an optional employee stock purchase program
- 25 days paid holiday initially, rising to 29 with service
- Private health insurance, including dental and vision
- Flexible working hours and meeting-free Wednesdays
- Regular 3-day Hackathons and weekly learning groups, always with interesting topics
- £58 per month toward any exercise of your choice
- Quarterly offsites