Partner Sales Consultant (Remote, East Region)
New York City, New York, United States /
Sales & Account Management – Multi Location /
*Please note that while this role will operate remotely, it is required that the candidate resides in the East Region and within 50 miles of a major airport. States included in Yelp's defined East Region include: Pennsylvania, New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Virginia, Delaware, Maryland, West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Florida.* #LI-REMOTE
Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit? Ready to take your sales career to the next level? Yelp is seeking a tenacious, sales professional with a proven track record of success in a fast-paced, high growth company to join Yelp’s newest division, Agency & Partner Sales.
This entrepreneurial leader will build relationships with senior executives across the local advertising industry, launch and grow existing relationships, and execute cross-functional partnerships with direct visibility into Yelp's senior management.
The primary responsibility of the Partner Sales Consultant is to retain & grow business for Yelp by developing relationships with Agencies & 3rd parties focused on the SMB market. These Agencies partner with Yelp to resell and buy Yelp’s local products.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the ability to quickly understand the business and demonstrate the value of Yelp’s product offering and partnership program. This position requires a highly motivated and energetic individual who possesses the ability to develop strategic relationships and generate new business. The ideal candidate takes a consultative approach to sales - understanding agency models and uncovering the needs and decision criteria of your prospects. Above all, you will be responsible for hitting your revenue targets.
Where You Come In:
- You will establish a collaborative business relationship between Yelp and SMB (primarily local) agencies and their advertisers.
- You will consistently deliver new partner-driven revenue every quarter, exceeding sales targets.
- You will lead the partnership and deal-origination process, managing each step from strategy/planning, pipeline development, outreach, implementation, and ongoing growth.
- You will create consultative sales presentations to demonstrate how Yelp’s advertising products can be leveraged to connect with consumers.
- You will represent Yelp as a spokesperson and evangelist at industry events.
- You will contribute to the evolving vision of Yelp's advertising partner program.
- You will develop and manage partner relationships to ensure over-achievement of assigned goals.
- You will map out agency structure and identify key decision makers, budget owners and the agencies’ decision making process.
- You will engage with agencies on an ongoing basis to foster relationships, validate advertisers needs and keep Yelp’s partnership top of mind.
- You will work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to drive revenue growth with new customers.
- You will come to work each day with a positive attitude and ready to win.
What It Takes to Succeed:
- You have a minimum 5-8 years of experience in agency & partner sales, BD or digital sales role
- You have experience with advertising products, APIs, and channel programs across the industry such as Google, Bing, or Facebook (preferred)
- You have demonstrated success in hitting sales goals in a previous position
- You have a strong network of tech industry contacts, ranging from startups to established brands.
- You possess influential communication skills in all forms: written, presentations, negotiations, and listening.
- You have a passion for Yelp’s product, as well as other consumer internet/mobile products.
- You have a flexible, startup mindset, and ability to operate within a very dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- You consider yourself to be self-motivated, a team player and has a strong drive to exceed targets
- You are okay with travel as needed
What You'll Get:
- Guaranteed base salary plus uncapped commission
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental
- 15 days PTO days accrued annually, 12 paid holidays + 1 floating holiday and 5 paid wellness days
- 6 weeks paid parental leave plus up to 6 weeks paid pregnancy disability leave
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.