Lead Product Manager - Ads (Remote)
Bristol, England, United Kingdom /
Engineering and Product – Product Management /
Yelp is looking for a Lead Product Manager to build state-of-the-art ads features and algorithms. In this highly visible and impactful role, you’ll work on product areas that grow the advertising value of our marketplace for both businesses and users, developing and whiteboarding algorithms and ads features to release to our advertisers.
If you’re looking to own a key part in developing the ads system at a billion-dollar company and would enjoy working with a cross-functional group of product managers, engineers, Biz Ops teams, and data scientists, then this role is for you.
We’d love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Where You Come In:
- Build algorithms that determine ad ranking, matching, and pricing across multiple ad inventory sources
- Perform and direct analyses to deeply understand what is happening in our ads marketplace and identify new areas for our engineering teams to focus on
- Optimize our auction to drive more value to advertisers and grow long-term revenue
- Create new ranking & bidding models that allow us to sell and retain more advertiser budget
What It Takes To Succeed:
- Based or willing to relocate within the United Kingdom
- Tech savvy: experience solving difficult, company-critical technical problems
- Background in physics, math, systems engineering, or any other relevant field
- Several years of ads or marketplaces product management experience
- Energized by driving revenue growth and translating customers’ wants and needs into concrete features
- Problem solver: loves to figure out complex, unstructured problems and constantly thinks about how to make processes more efficient; you can do your own analysis using iPython and SQL
- Ability to communicate with many stakeholders across different parts of the organization
- Operational know-how: improving processes around ads system reliability and metrics monitoring
What You’ll Get:
- Full responsibility for projects from day one, an awesome team, and a dynamic work environment
- Competitive salary with equity in the company, a pension scheme, and an optional employee stock purchase program
- 25 days paid holiday initially (rising to 29 with service), plus one floating holiday
- Private health insurance, including dental and vision
- Flexible working hours and meeting-free Wednesdays
- Regular 3-day Hackathons and weekly learning groups, always with interesting topics
- Opportunities to participate in digital events and conferences
- £58 per month toward any wellness activity of your choice
- Quarterly team offsites
Yelp values diversity. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to Age, Disability, Gender Reassignment, Marriage or Civil Partnership, Pregnancy and Maternity, Race, Religion or Belief, Sex.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resume