Software Engineer - Security (Remote)
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom /
Engineering and Product – Engineering /
Yelp is looking for security engineers to keep us safe and sane as we build out our desktop, mobile, business owner, and administrative websites. Yelp’s future growth in the transactions space has many security implications, both in traditional application security as well as in privacy controls and fraud and risk analysis.
Does having a tremendous impact and broad scope of protecting Yelp’s data, employees, and millions of users excite you? As a software engineer in Security, you'll be responsible for partnering with different engineering teams at Yelp to help build features, tools, and libraries to enable security by default. You’ll also work to identify and fix vulnerabilities in the products we build, as well as work with external security researchers through our public bug bounty program.
Where You Come In:
- Develop and deploy authentication and security-related components of Yelp’s website and mobile apps
- Create and maintain libraries used across multiple Yelp apps for secure communication and data storage
- Partner with mobile, frontend, and backend teams to architect and develop features in a secure and scalable manner
- Validate and remediate vulnerabilities reported in our bug bounty
What It Takes to Succeed:
- While previous application security experience is a plus, we're looking for strong software generalists first, with an interest in application security
- Understanding of HTML5, current, and emerging browser security models
- Several years of software engineering experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering
What You'll Get:
- Full responsibility for projects from day one, an awesome team, and a dynamic work environment
- Competitive salary with equity in the company, a pension scheme, and an optional employee stock purchase program
- 25 days paid holiday initially (rising to 29 with service), plus one floating holiday
- Private health insurance, including dental and vision
- Flexible working hours and meeting-free Wednesdays
- Regular 3-day Hackathons and weekly learning groups, always with interesting topics
- Opportunities to participate in digital events and conferences
- £58 per month toward any wellness activity of your choice
- Quarterly team offsites
Yelp values diversity. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to Race/Ethnic Origin, Sex, Religion/Belief, Disability, Age, Sexual Orientation.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.