Software Engineer - Mobile Android
San Francisco, CA
Engineering and Product – Engineering
Our mobile team is lucky. Yelp is the richest source of local data in the world, and we get to build all that content into location-aware mobile apps. We're bringing our 100M+ reviews to our millions of app lovers all around the globe. We push Yelp's frontier, adding new products that make sense in an emerging mobile world, from which we draw the majority of our searches.
We are an agile team that creates an amazing experience for millions of Yelpers. We are engineers. And we are also makers (of burrito bombers), roller girls, pilots, bakers, and cartwheelers. We’re a small team, and everyone plays a critical part in defining and building the perfect experience for millions of Yelpers. Come take our Yelp Android experience to the next step - then rinse and repeat. Be creative, build prototypes, iterate.
Yelp engineering culture is driven by our values: we’re a cooperative team that values individual authenticity, and encourages “unboring” solutions to problems. New hires are expected to deploy working code their first week, and your impact will only grow from there with the support of your manager, mentor and team. At the end of the day, we are all about helping our users, growing as engineers, and having fun in a collaborative environment.
We Are Looking For:
- Mastery of the Android platform and client/server technologies.
- Insistence on a consistent and responsive user experience.
- Test-driven development.
- Eager to embrace challenges with scalability, reliability, internationalization, and performance.
- A passion for Yelp and its mission to connect people with great local businesses.
- If you don't have at least one year of experience in a similar role, please take a look at our College Engineering roles instead!
- Pointers to mobile apps you've built.
- Familiarity with tablet development (Android, Kindle).
- Experience writing server-side APIs.
- Active contributor to open source software.
- Keep learning & growing - show us you crave new knowledge and challenges!
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.