Senior Product Manager - Ads (Remote)
San Francisco, California, United States /
Engineering and Product – Product Management /
Yelp is looking for a Senior Product Manager to build state-of-the-art ads features and algorithms. In this highly visible and impactful role, you’ll work on product areas that grow the advertising value of our marketplace for both local businesses and users by developing and whiteboarding algorithms and ads features to release to market.
If you’re looking to own a key part in developing the ads system at a billion-dollar company and would enjoy working with a cross-functional group of product managers, applied scientists, machine learning engineers, backend engineers, and more, then this is the role for you.
We’d love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
This opportunity is fully remote and does not require you to be located in any particular state within the US. We welcome applicants from throughout the US.
Where You Come In:
- Build algorithms that determine ad ranking, matching, and pricing across multiple ad inventory sources.
- Develop and apply predictive models to efficiently allocate, match, and form connections between advertisers and consumers.
- Perform and direct analyses to deeply understand what is happening in our ads marketplace and identify new areas for our engineering teams to focus on.
- Optimize components of the ad auction to drive more value to advertisers and grow long-term revenue.
What It Takes to Succeed:
- A Bachelor Degree or an equivalent work experience is required.
- Experience as a Product Manager in an applicable industry with a background in physics, math, systems engineering, economics, or any other relevant field that allows you to be fluent in developing ads features.
- Tech savvy: has experience solving difficult, company-critical technical problems Customer driven: energized by driving revenue growth and translating customers’ wants and needs into concrete features.
- Problem solver: loves to break down complex, unstructured problems into digestible components, and then figure out short- and long-term plans from there; you can do your own analysis using iPython and SQL.
- Effective communicator: able to synthesize and translate between technical and non-technical audiences; effectively communicates complex topics to stakeholders across different parts of the organization.
- Operational know-how: diligent on improving processes around ads system reliability and metrics monitoring, constantly thinks about how to make processes more efficient.
- Strong collaborator: enjoys working across different teams, functions, and timezones.
What You’ll Get:
- This opportunity has the option to be fully remote in all locations across the US.
- Compensation range is $90,000 - $230,000 annually. You may also be offered restricted stock units and benefits.
- You can find more information about Yelp's five star benefits here!
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Actual salary offered may vary based on multiple factors, including but not limited to, an individual's location and experience.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.