Remote, Remote, United States /
G&A – Finance & Accounting /
Looking for a company where the Financial Planning & Analysis team plays an integral role in decision making? If you answer yes, then you’ll find what you seek within Yelp’s growing FP&A function.
Business partners are eager for your financial expertise and value your help in understanding, tracking and managing finances and resources to achieve company goals. If you are someone who enjoys this type of FP&A environment and is looking to make an important impact to Yelp, then come join our growing team!
The Financial Analyst role is ideal for highly-motivated individuals who function with confidence and expertise in a fast-paced and rapidly changing business environment. The Analyst will have direct visibility to senior members of Finance, as well as significant interaction with the broader FP&A team across key functional areas. Candidates must have great communication and interpersonal skills, strong analytical ability, and an ability to balance the details against the bigger picture. The ideal candidate possesses a strong drive to exceed personal goals, and is naturally inclined to take on new challenges.
This is a full-time remote role based in the United States.
Where You Come In:
- Planning & Forecasting: You will participate in corporate planning, budgeting, forecasting, annual and long-range planning in support of key departments (e.g. Product & Engineering, Sales, and Marketing)
- Performance Management: You will provide accurate, timely, and actionable financial reporting and key business metrics to operating teams, gain key insights into spend trends with meaningful and actionable analyses.
- You will build thoughtful analyses to drive better investment decisions and optimal resource allocation.
- Business Partnering: You will build strong relationships and collaborate with business leaders to become a trusted advisor who highlights risks, spots opportunities, build simulations and sensitivity analysis.
- You will collaborate and communicate on a timely basis with the central heart of Corporate FP&A about monthly forecasts and other financial trends and developments.
What it Takes to Succeed:
- You have excellent customer focus, a service mentality, and the ability to partner closely with internal customers.
- You are self-driven, organized, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- You have extraordinary written and verbal communication skills.
- You have superior analytical and problem solving skills with superb attention to detail.
- You have demonstrated success working in a deadline driven and multi-tasking environment.
- You have demonstrated knowledge of forecasting and financial statement analysis.
- You have the desire to consistently exceed expectations and take on more responsibility.
- You have advanced (Excel) modeling chops.
- You have the ability to tailor messaging as required for audiences of varying levels of expertise.
- You have a sense of humor and a great fit with Yelp’s adventurous culture.
- You have personal interest and passion for business, systems and modeling.
- You have 2+ years of progressive experience in finance or related field.
- You have experience with Anaplan, Oracle Financials, SQL and dashboarding.
- You have a BA/BS in Business, Finance, Economics, or equivalent.
- Publicly-traded, high-growth technology companies preferred
What you'll get:
- Available your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (Employee-only plans available at no cost to the employee)
- 15 days PTO per year for first 2 years of employment (accrual begins on date of hire); number of PTO days increases after 2 years of tenure, 5 paid wellness days, 12 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Health Savings, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care accounts
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We will consider for employment qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law (including, for example, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance for roles based in San Francisco).
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.