Inside Sales Representative - (Remote - Western Region)
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States /
Sales & Account Management – Sales & Customer Success /
Yelp was created to connect people with great local businesses. As an Inside Sales Representative (ISR), you'll be working directly with these local businesses to help them achieve their goals through Yelp’s various advertising programs. You'll work with small business owners via phone to determine their needs and aspirations and customize every sale to help make those happen. We succeed when we help our clients grow their businesses.
Because people are at the center of everything we do, one of your main priorities is to educate business owners about the value of Yelp's advertising platform. In this role, you will be directly responsible for selling advertising space on Yelp to local businesses across the US and Canada. Success in this role is measured by hitting and exceeding monthly sales goals, consistently staying ahead of daily metrics, and handling rejection in stride. You’ll experience all of this in a supportive virtual team environment with the added flexibility of a remote workspace.
Please visit www.yelp.com/careers and apply to the appropriate posting that matches your location.
What You'll Do
- Own and manage a pipeline of clients ranging from dentists to florists to restaurant owners- all organized in our CRM (Salesforce)
- Educate, strategize, and successfully sell Yelp advertising programs through a high volume of outbound sales calls - this role is 100% phone based.
- Become an expert in Yelp’s advertising solutions, and adapt product recommendations quickly to suit client needs - asking probing questions and overcoming customer objections and rejection will be critical to your success.
- Achieve and consistently exceed monthly sales goals- strong work ethic and tenacity are key!
- Stay organized and manage your time effectively in order to complete your daily goals- you know that sales is a numbers game and you’re here to win.
What We're Looking For in You
- You have an appetite for learning! You’re keen on turning training and feedback into action and continuous self-improvement- you don’t take rejection personally.
- You are committed to a high standard of integrity and being a teamplayer is important to you.
- You’re an excellent listener, assertive, persistent, and persuasive - show us your grit!
- You are genuinely curious about people, local businesses, and possess the innate ability to inspire passion in others- you can’t wait to show everyone the value of Yelp.
- You are adaptable and can think on your feet. When faced with new challenges, or tough conversations, failure simply isn't an option.
- 6mos+ remote experience
- GED/HS Diploma and 2+ years of sales experience OR;
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree with 1+ years of sales experience
- No fear of the phone
- General computer and email proficiency - we use Google Suite and provide a Chromebook laptop!
- A work environment free of distractions
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage independently without oversight
- Must possess current US work authorization
Training and Development
- We offer comprehensive initial two month training with ongoing career development support and opportunities through the Yelp Sales Development Program*
- Learn industry-leading communication and sales techniques that will enable you to find solutions for your clients and close deals
- Gain extensive knowledge on the industry’s leading CRM tool, Salesforce
- Become an expert in internet advertising and the world of SMB
*The Yelp Sales Development Program provides a transparent path for professional growth by outlining what you need to be doing every day, month, and quarter to reach the next level in our sales organization. As you progress through YSDP, you will be eligible for increases in compensation, title, and responsibilities, which will keep your career moving in the right direction.
Compensation and Benefits
- Starting base salary of 37K plus uncapped commission
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (100% paid employee only coverage)
- 15 days PTO (accrual begins on date of hire and increases with 2+ years of tenure thereafter), 12 paid holidays, plus one floating holiday
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Employee stock purchase plan