Sales Intern - Summer 2020
Sales & Account Management – College Sales
Looking for an internship unlike the rest? Since 2004, our mission has been connecting people with great local businesses. We’ve fundamentally changed the way consumers make buying decisions by taking word of mouth online. Yelp brings transparency to the local business market, and we believe in helping consumers make smarter and more informed decisions about where to spend their money.
Yelp is seeking Summer interns to work side-by-side with our passionate, hard-working Inside Sales team. That’s right, each intern will work on the sales floor to learn everything from prospecting new leads, to building relationships, educating clients about Yelp, and even closing deals.
We are looking for students who are seeking a career in sales, want to be part of a hard-working team, and are eager for professional development.
Where You Come In:
- You will manage a high volume of leads, conduct introductory calls, educate clients on the power of Yelp, and help close deals Make a high-volume of outbound calls to local business owners, across all verticals, each day (80+)
- You will work within a fast paced team environment
- You will work 40 hours per week
- This is a 9 Week program - June 1st through July 31st
What it Takes to Succeed:
- You are currently a Junior pursuing a B.A. or B.S. in Business, Communications, or related field
- You will be responsible for securing housing in the vicinity of your assigned office for the duration of the internship
- You are seeking a career within the sales field. Past sales experience relevant to this role is preferred, but not required
- You consider are coachable, can implement feedback, and are dedicated to consistent self improvement
- You have a demonstrated sales aptitude, with relentlessly high standards (you’re never satisfied with mediocrity)
- You are assertive, persistent, a good listener, and persuasive
- You are genuinely curious about people, local business, and possess the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- You can adapt to new situations quickly and think on your feet. When faced with new challenges, or tough conversations, failure simply isn't an option
What You'll Get:
- Fully paid internship
- Comprehensive training every day
- Learn communication and sales techniques that will help you to never hear NO again! (Even outside of work)
- Master the top CRM program, Salesforce.com. Yes, resume bling!
- Train with current top producers and improve daily with feedback
- Become an expert in internet advertising and the world of small businesses
Ready to apply? Submit your resume through the link provided, as well as a cover letter with your office preference, and describe why you are interested in becoming a Sales Intern with Yelp!
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.