Head of Marketing, Restaurants
San Francisco, CA
G&A – Marketing
The Yelp for Restaurants team is seeking a creative, data-driven and customer obsessed Head of Marketing for its Restaurants segment.
In this role, you will be responsible for building out the overall marketing strategy to align to key business objectives, and creating an actionable and measurable plan to deliver on the strategy. You will lead a team of six and will be accountable for delivering on the strategy. Your day-to-day responsibilities will span a wide range of activities, from priority setting and tracking progress, to allocating workload and approving deliverables, to managing and mentoring a team.
We are looking for a proven leader with an entrepreneurial spirit, who can think big while also rolling up their sleeves to dive into details and execution as needed. A leader who can think and plan long term, but who also has a bias for action and willingness to course-correct along the way as new data becomes available. A leader who uses data to understand the business, make decisions, and measure success.
- Primary focus on B2B Marketing; secondary focus on B2B2C and B2C
- Full marketing funnel, including awareness, acquisition, consideration, conversion and retention
- Products: Yelp Reservations, Yelp Waitlist, Yelp Connect, plus a new product launching soon
- # of diners seated via Yelp
- # of active restaurants
- Avg # of diners seated per restaurant
- Marketing strategy and priorities. Define a marketing strategy for Restaurants Marketplaces that supports and enables the business to deliver on its key objectives. Size and evaluate potential marketing initiatives and invest in those that will have the biggest impact. Translate strategy into actionable priorities and plans with clear ownership.
- Messaging & positioning. Ensure our brand message is strong and consistent across all communication touch points, such as (but not limited to) sales collateral, landing pages, marketing communications, and in-product.
- People management. Effectively manage team of 6 (and growing) on a day-to-day basis. Set priorities, allocate workload, review and approve work product, provide performance feedback, and encourage professional development.
- Marketing execution & measurement. Drive focused execution on the marketing plan while optimizing for impact. Provide actionable feedback to team members, remove roadblocks, and ensure consistency across all marketing outputs. Be willing and able to execute initiatives when needed. Define clear and measurable goals, track progress against goals and report out. Communicate impact of marketing initiatives to partner teams, Leadership and the broader organization.
- Voice of Marketing. Work directly with Product, Sales, Account Management and Engineering leads to define the strategy and plan for Yelp for Restaurants. Represent Marketing in quarterly and annual planning.
- Strong preference for candidates with marketplace experience
- Excited by working in a fast-paced, high-growth company
- 10+ years professional experience with majority in marketing
- Demonstrated experience managing a team effectively
- Able to build relationships and work effectively cross-functionally
- Strong interest in helping restaurant owners succeed
- A collaborative, team-oriented attitude
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Ideally an MBA but not required
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.