Product Design Manager
San Francisco, CA
Engineering and Product – Design
Are you ready to take you product design career to the next level? We’re looking for an experienced Product Design Manager to help define and drive the future of Yelp Design.
Now is a great time to be part of building new products at Yelp. We are transforming the company from being known as simply a restaurant review site to providing personalized services that modernize the experience of interacting with local businesses from restaurants to contractors. Building these end to end experiences presents an incredible array of design challenges for a variety of customer segments.
In this role you will manage a small team of Product Designers while working with cross functional partners across product, marketing, user research, and engineering. You will also ensure consistent and high-quality creative work, while enabling the growth and development of your team.
The product design team is a group of ~35 insightful, creative and fun individuals comprised of product designers, managers and user researchers. The team works closely with different groups across the company including product management, marketing, data science and engineering.
Where You Come In:
- You will lead a team of designers responsible for Yelp’s consumer or marketplace products.
- You will balance your time between being a people manager and a hands-on designer.
- You will meet regularly with designers to give feedback on design work, career progress, work satisfaction, and set them up for success.
- You will promote team development by fostering new learning opportunities and defining career milestones.
- You will be accountable for the output and quality of your team’s work and having an impact on the business.
- You will work with stakeholders and product owners to shape roadmaps and requirements, and ensure teams and projects are properly staffed.
- You will partner with product management, engineering, user research and marketing to ensure a smooth product development process.
- You will recruit and retain top design and research talent.
What it Takes to Succeed:
- You have 2+ years managing a team of product designers.
- You have 5+ years of product design experience with a strong portfolio of work.
- You have a passion for Yelp and our mission of connecting people to great local businesses.
- You have an understanding of how to create cohesive working relationships between various orgs (engineering, product, data science, research, etc).
- You have a desire to build a positive, inclusive, and accountable culture.
- You have a demonstrated ability to develop, retain, and lead a world-class design team.
- You have a solid portfolio with a history of impactful designs.
- You have an understanding of how to implement advocacy for design while continuing to promote a fast paced environment.
What You'll Get:
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental
- 15 days PTO (increases with tenure) and 11 paid holidays
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Access to fully stocked Yelp kitchens
- Flexible spending account
- Pre-tax commuter benefits401(k) retirement savings plan
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.