Software Engineer - Android Infrastructure
San Francisco, CA
Engineering and Product – Engineering
At Yelp the Core Android team is responsible for all of the infrastructural systems that allow Android development across the company to happen quickly and efficiently. A few of these include our testing frameworks, build machines, app release system, and libraries of components shared across teams. The team also works on the major systems of the app that are used by all of the different feature teams across Yelp. Their mission is to enable every Android developer at Yelp to develop high quality features quickly.
Yelp engineering culture is driven by our values: we’re a cooperative team that values individual authenticity, and encourages “unboring” solutions to problems. New hires are expected to deploy working code their first week, and your impact will only grow from there with the support of your manager, mentor and team. At the end of the day, we are all about helping our users, growing as engineers, and having fun in a collaborative environment.
We are an agile team that helps to craft an amazing experience for millions of Yelpers. We are passionate engineers, sure, but we are also fire spinners, roller girls, pilots, bakers, cartwheelers, and makers (of burrito bombers and 3D-printed trophies).
What You Will Do:
- Innovate, design, and implement new tools and systems that will improve the development process for dozens of Android engineers.
- Think about the health, structure, and performance of our Android applications and find ways to improve them.
- Mentor other engineers who are learning to wrangle Androids.
- Continue to learn, grow, and help us take on brand new challenges.
- Be a part of the larger Android developer community at Yelp.
We Are Looking For:
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Deep understanding of the Android platform.
- Strong experience with test-driven development.
- Eagerness to embrace scalability, reliability, and performance challenges.
- Familiarity with client/server and API tech stacks.
- Pointers to past mobile applications you’ve built.
- If possible, demonstrable contribution to F/OSS projects.
- If you don't have at least one year of experience in a similar role, please take a look at our College Engineering roles instead!
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.