Agency Development Director (Remote)
New York City, New York, United States /
Sales & Account Management – Multi Location /
Candidates must be vaccinated against COVID-19 to qualify for this role. See below for more information.
Yelp’s mission is to connect people with great local businesses. Yelp’s Enterprise team partners with National businesses to provide industry leading digital advertising solutions. Yelp’s premium native search advertising products deliver strong ROI by helping clients connect with potential customers at the bottom of the purchase funnel. Yelp has become an essential part of a Marketer’s Local advertising mix and the Enterprise team is growing fast.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, sales driven leader to generate revenue within a portfolio of large Agencies. The primary responsibility of the Agency Development Director role is to build deep business relationships with Yelp’s most valuable agencies and holding companies while growing topline revenue (and new logos) for Yelp’s Enterprise business.
To succeed in this role, you will need to have relevant digital, agency and advertising sales experience and a demonstrated track record of exceeding goals. The Enterprise Agency Development Director role is key to Yelp’s success and offers significant career growth opportunities within Yelp’s Enterprise Sales team!
Where You Come In:
- Build, uncover and maintain relationships with decision makers across group Account Director & VP levels of the agency ecosystem (e.g. investment team/ planning & strategy teams/ activation teams / etc).
- Working knowledge and deep understanding of how agencies plan & activate on behalf of their clients
- Work with agencies and leadership to mitigate and remove sales blockers
- Explain and demonstrate Yelp’s value proposition to help marketers identify and inspire Yelp Advertising for their clients’ brands
- Facilitating connections – you have the natural ability to make connections cross functionally (internally and externally)
- Grow existing agency client base through product evangelism
- Develops operational standards to help drive consistency of sales communication and engagement amongst agency partners
- Coordinate and execute wide scale agency engagements to drive sales opportunities
- Promote insights & seasonal opportunities as it relates to agencies business
- Partner with Sales, and internal teams, to reinforce agency opportunities, best practices, and address challenges, while providing marketplace feedback to guide product development
- Drive revenue growth - you will:
- Identify and create new revenue opportunities
- Influence and guide investment strategy for Agency Channel
- Set and achieve revenue goals for agencies
- #LI- REMOTE #LI-TU1
What it Takes to Succeed:
- 10+ years relevant experience across Sales, Digital, Advertising and Agency roles. Proven track record of exceeding multi-million dollar Sales Targets
- Experienced communicator with proven track record of Executive outreach
- Comfortable with presenting to clients and agencies—in both small or large groups
- Familiarity with agency holding companies and strong relationships across the agency landscape
- You are motivated and tenacious with an unwillingness to settle for anything less than your best!
- You are hungry to grow your career and tackle new challenges with a clear desire to have a big impact on Yelp’s revenue and client set
- Entrepreneurial with history of building partnerships from scratch
- Ready and willing to roll up your sleeves and build something big at Yelp
- Easy-going, cool headed, with a track record of collaboration and working well internally
- Bought in to Yelp’s mission and naturally puts the company and team first
- Able to Travel 15-20% of the time
What You'll Get:
- Available your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (Employee-only plans available at no cost to the employee)
- 15 days PTO per year for first 2 years of employment (accrual begins on date of hire); number of PTO days increases after 2 years of tenure, 7 paid wellness days, 12 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Health Savings, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care accounts
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Target salary is 160K plus performance based incentives (uncapped commission).
- You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be eligible for this role. Exceptions are made only where legally required
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Actual salary offered may vary based on multiple factors, including but not limited to, an individual's location and experience.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.