Technical Recruiter (Remote)
Manchester, England, United Kingdom /
Engineering and Product – Engineering /
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Here on the Technical Talent team, we connect people with great opportunities!
Our recruiting team embodies Yelp’s “Play Well With Others” value as we build lasting relationships with our hiring teams, candidates, and organizations throughout the industry. We’re fortunate to partner closely with Yelp’s technical leadership team, enabling us to move quickly and provide industry-leading candidate experiences. We’re continuously re-evaluating our processes and procedures to ensure we remain ahead of the curve in our competitive industry.
As a Technical Recruiter, you’ll be a crucial part of the team’s success, involved in qualifying our hiring partner’s needs by identifying the key skills and experiences they value. You'll be empowered to develop new and innovative ways of locating and engaging candidates while striving to advance our diversity and engagement initiatives.
This remote opportunity requires you to be located in the United Kingdom.
We’d love to have you apply, even if you don’t feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Where You Come In:
- Work with engineering managers in Germany and the UK to thoroughly understand our technical positions and recruiting needs.
- Own the full-cycle recruiting process, including screening resumes, posting open requisitions on relevant job boards, closing offers, drafting new hire paperwork, and facilitating the on-boarding process.
- Identify talent through creative sourcing channels (e.g., social networking, internet research, regular networking at events).
- Establish and own relationships with relevant developer communities; opportunities for establishing a university pipeline possible.
- Work with other members of the recruiting team to track goals, metrics, and performance of the team.
- Communicate professionally, tactfully, and with the utmost diplomacy at all times, treating all candidates with dignity and respect.
What It Takes to Succeed:
- Previous full-cycle recruiting experience or sourcing experience in a technical recruiting role. Experience at technical staffing firms, start-ups, or successful technology companies is a plus!
- High level of comfort around engineers and other technical people and the ability to talk tech with them.
- Exceptional customer service focus combined with exemplary follow-through.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with no fear of networking and public speaking.
- Proven ability to consistently and positively contribute in a fast-paced changing work environment while prioritizing multiple functions and managing time efficiently.
What You'll Get:
- Full responsibility for projects from day one, a collaborative team, and a dynamic work environment.
- Competitive salary with equity in the company, a pension scheme, and an optional employee stock purchase plan.
- 25 days paid holiday (rising to 29 with service), plus one floating holiday.
- £150 monthly reimbursement to help cover remote working expenses.
- £75 caregiver reimbursement to support dependent care for families.
- Private health insurance, including dental and vision.
- Flexible working hours and meeting-free Wednesdays.
- Regular 3-day Hackathons, bi-weekly learning groups, and productivity spending to support and encourage your career growth.
- Opportunities to participate in digital events and conferences.
- £56 per month to use toward qualifying wellness expenses.
- Quarterly team offsites.
Yelp values diversity. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other protected status.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.