Corporate Counsel, Technology Transactions
San Francisco, CA
G&A – Legal
Yelp is looking for another clever counselor to join its small but fabulous legal team. Although Yelp has grown substantially from its early days, the company prides itself on maintaining a startup culture and feel. We are looking for someone with an impressive legal background who shares our commitment to providing innovative legal solutions.
- This is a mid-level role that will work closely with Yelp’s technology sourcing and business development teams, owning broad swaths of Yelp’s technology transaction needs, including all inbound licenses, Yelp’s Knowledge and Fusion outbound licensing programs, and a variety of other vendor agreements and engagements.
- As with all legal roles at Yelp, we also expect successful candidates to pitch in and help on areas they may be less familiar with and for which they may not be directly responsible, allowing them to grow and develop and help their colleagues at the same time.
- The best candidates are contracts geeks who see the same challenges and beauty in negotiating a venue agreement for a company offsite as they see in a complex technology partnership. They are not looking for cookie-cutter form contract work, and have a proven track record of negotiating positive outcomes for clients, working autonomously, and owning their own process and outcomes. Most importantly, they are organized, good with language, and good with people.
- Top law school
- Recognized law firm experience (in-house is a plus) with technology clients
- 4-8 years’ background in technology transactions, big and small
- Consumer internet experience is a plus
- Excellent legal and business judgment; ability to think creatively about unique issues
- Rigorous devotion to detail and organization
- Please use your cover letter to draw a clear connection between your work experience and the job requirements detailed above rather than simply rehashing your resume. Also, we ask that you reserve a paragraph or two of your cover letter to comment on a relevant legal topic of your choice.
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.