Midmarket Account Executive, Yelp Restaurants (Midwest Region)
Chicago, IL /
Sales & Account Management – Yelp Restaurants, Sales & Restaurant Success /
*Please note that while this role will operate remotely, it is required that the candidate resides in the MidWest Region and within 50 miles of a major airport. States included in Yelp's defined MidWest Region include: North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, Missouri, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan and Wisconsin.*
Love to dine out? Passionate about the industry and helping restaurants succeed? Yelp Restaurants is looking for a driven foundational hire to take on the Mid-Market Account Executive role (MMAE). As a Mid-Market Account Executive, you will play an integral role in forging net new partnerships with multi-location brands across North America to bring them onto our suite of restaurant products.
From prospecting to closing and everything in between, this role is yours to own. Your day to day will involve strategizing, calling, pitching, and following up with mid-market restaurant executives to articulate the value both Yelp Waitlist and Yelp Reservation products can unlock for them. You will work closely with the Restaurant Success team to ensure the clients you bring on board are happy and primed for expansion.
As this is a newly forming team, your success will be determined by your ability to adapt and iterate quickly. You know how to navigate complex sales cycles and organizations that have multiple decision makers. We are looking to add a member with a proven track record of success in a similar technology sales environment.
** This is a remote position #LI-REMOTE**
Where You Come In:
- You will manage your own opportunities and territory: cultivate new leads and develop/maintain your pipeline
- You will manage the full sales cycle through multiple channels: make introductory calls, respond to inbound inquiries, assess business goals through qualifying, close the deal, and own the up-sell
- You will become an expert in Yelp’s reservation and waitlist solution. Adapt product recommendations quickly to suit the client needs - asking probing questions and handling objections will be critical to your success
- You will achieve and consistently exceed quarterly sales goals
- You will work in conjunction with the Restaurant Success Team to strategize and optimize for existing customers ensuring they are receiving as much value from the product(s) as possible
- You will handle, diffuse, and direct customer feedback through appropriate channels
What it Takes to Succeed:
- You have 5+ years of sales experience
- You have a proven track record of mid-market / enterprise sales success - exceeding targets and ability to ramp quickly
- You have B2B sales experience
- You have experience in multi-unit SaaS technology sales
- You are proficient with Salesforce.com. Familiar with opportunities, reports, and cases
- You call yourself a great communicator - Whether it’s on the phone, through email or via live chat, you excel at communicating with customers
- You have adaptability - You are agile in your thinking and have the ability to think quickly on your feet and seek additional resources when needed
- You have a willingness to learn and grow - You are open to feedback, adaptive and coachable; you embrace and thrive in a fast paced high-growth environment
- You have a great attitude - you are mature, optimistic, strong work ethic, and have a growth mindset
- You have experience with restaurants or restaurant technology like reservation systems, waitlist systems, front-of-house management tools (a plus)
- You have startup/rapid growth company experience (a plus)
What You'll Get:
- Available your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (Employee-only plans available at no cost to the employee)
- 15 days PTO per year for first 2 years of employment (accrual begins on date of hire); number of PTO days increases after 2 years of tenure, 5 paid wellness days, 12 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Health Savings, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care accounts
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan
Think you check these boxes to be a MMAE on the Yelp Restaurants team? Send us your cover letter and resume.
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.