Senior Test Engineer
New York City
Thank you for your interest in joining the Yieldstreet team! Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, we have slowed our hiring and are being thoughtful about which roles we bring on that are critical to our business at this time. We are carefully reviewing all applications on a regular basis and will be in touch should we deem your application a good fit for this position. We appreciate your patience as we navigate these uncertain times.
Our mission is to empower people by helping them realize their next level, and we remain committed to supporting our employees, investors, and community during this global crisis. Here's how we're responding to the outbreak.
About the Role
YieldStreet is looking for a Senior Test Engineer to handle the entirety of our product lifecycle from a quality perspective, including all types of testing and process refinement. You'll be working with a distributed team across both brand new and legacy infrastructure and product so an eye for compatibility, end-to-end and regression testing will be key concerns in designing the Quality Assurance workflow properly.
What you'll do:
- Ad-hoc testing of new features for bugs and adherence to specifications
- Implementation of fully automated test suites for UI and API level testing to be used in all phases of development and to monitor production environments
- Documentation of test plans and environment
- Estimation of testing effort in the development workflow
- Ensuring that all aspects of our application are testable, particularly integrations with third-party services
- Continuous improvement of our development process and ensuring that the quality requirements of the application are met in all phases of development
- Clear communication of problems found, hopefully with a root cause analysis and detailed steps to reproduce
What you'll need:
- 7+ years of experience with functional testing of mobile/web apps using Agile methodologies
- 4+ years of experience in Selenium to automate frontend web apps
- Experience in Appium to automate mobile apps, both iOS and Android
- Experience in REST Assured for API automation
- Expertise testing and optimizing scalable mobile responsive applications with cloud-based AWS infrastructure
- Solid experience writing test cases and test plans for browser, operating system and platform compatibility
- Strong knowledge of automated and manual testing tools and techniques to debug cross-browser and cross-OS nuances and optimize for scale
- Strong understanding of modern standards-based development including ReactJS, React Native, AWS, and, preferably, Play Framework
- Proven experience testing in a Java programming environment
- SQL database skills (writing queries, interpreting results)
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge in performance testing using JMeter
- Knowledge of CI tools, i.e. Jenkins
- System design, infrastructure scalability and stability
- Experience working in a FinTech startup
Yieldstreet is building the largest global digital wealth management platform to change the way wealth is created. With an investor-first approach, our investor community builds a diversified portfolio of investments outside of the stock market to generate passive income. Yieldstreet is giving unprecedented access to asset classes such as Real Estate, Marine, Legal, Art & Commercial. We’re headquartered in New York City with offices in Brazil, Argentina, Malta and Greece.
We offer an attractive market compensation and benefits package including a stock option plan, health, dental & vision benefits, life insurance, unlimited paid vacation, sabbatical and paid holidays and that's before you even step in the office!
This is an opportunity to work with a group of diverse, smart, and friendly people from 8 different countries who speak a total of 17 different languages. Our team is comprised of successful entrepreneurs with combined exits of over $1B, and we get social with each other during happy hours, exercise classes and team off sites in our work hard/play hard culture. We're located in a beautiful new office in Midtown, and our building is close to most major subway lines.