New York City /
Thank you for your interest in joining the Yieldstreet team! Our mission is to empower people by helping them realize their next level, and we remain committed to supporting our employees, investors, and community during the COVID-19 pandemic. Here are some of the ways we've been responding to the crisis.
About the Role
Yieldstreet is hiring a management company Senior Accountant to join our Finance and Operations team. You will work with accounting, finance, operations, and third party service providers on the timely, efficient, and accurate financial reporting of Yieldstreet’s corporate entity, and assist with some of the fund accounting duties. You will have a deep understanding of general accounting principles and the ability to apply relevant investment company accounting rules.
This is an opportunity to be part of a high-growth fintech company striving to put millions of people on the path towards financial independence. Yieldstreet is creating access to alternative investment opportunities historically unavailable to most individual investors, and the work you do will directly impact this and our mission of helping investors Realize Their Next Level.
While we are currently working remotely due to COVID-19, this role will be based in our NYC office.
What you'll do - YS Inc. and Subsidiaries:
- Prepare and record accounting transactions into the general ledger
- Prepare consolidated financial statements
- Perform month-end close activities, including preparation of journal entries and reconciliations for various balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Partner with the Controllers to assist and eventually take over the annual audit preparations
- Oversee and implement the Accounts Payable process with SAP Concur
- Own and promote standardized processes and controls, and play an important role in projects relating to the operations of the accounting function
- Support management in completing projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests, and other tasks as assigned
What you'll do - Yieldstreet Prism Fund:
- Assist with the financial reporting process working with the fund administrator
- Work with the Controller on the review of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
- Complete and review month-end financial reconciliations
What you'll need:
- BS or MS in Accounting
- 3-5 years accounting experience within public accounting and investment management
- Strong knowledge of reconciliation and account analysis
- Outstanding communication and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to proactively present and escalate ideas, suggestions, and problems to ensure continuous improvement
- An exceptional eye for detail, while working within strict timelines
- Tenacity and a strong sense of ownership over assigned tasks
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, adapt to change, and re-prioritize as needed
- Experience with NetSuite or other cloud-based ERP
Bonus points for:
- Legal Entity knowledge
Yieldstreet is building the largest global digital wealth management platform to change the way wealth is created. With an investor-first approach, our investor community builds a diversified portfolio of investments outside of the stock market to generate passive income. Yieldstreet is giving unprecedented access to asset classes such as Real Estate, Marine, Legal, Art & Commercial. We’re headquartered in New York City with offices in Brazil, Argentina, Malta and Greece.
We offer an attractive market compensation and benefits package including a stock option plan, health, dental & vision benefits, life insurance, unlimited paid vacation, sabbatical and paid holidays and that's before you even step in the office!
This is an opportunity to work with a group of diverse, smart, and friendly people from 8 different countries who speak a total of 17 different languages. Our team is composed of successful entrepreneurs with combined exits of over $1B, and we continue to stay social during the pandemic with virtual social hours, exercise classes, meditation sessions, recipe sharing and so much more! While we are currently working remotely due to COVID-19, we're located in a beautiful new office in Midtown Manhattan and our building is close to most major subway lines.
Yieldstreet is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.