Contract Software Engineer (Node) - Remote Position
UK (open location) /
YLD – Software Engineering /
Everything we do is to empower our clients to move forward.
Great technology companies are built on incredible design, engineering and strategy, working in unison, operating at the very heart of an organisation and its audience. Enabling organisations to become great technology companies is our mission and our promise to our clients.
We aim to leave them with the mindset, tools, skills and expertise they need to go beyond their own expectations, revolutionise their sectors, and for us to be proud of the change we create with them and their customers.
Our purpose is to help our clients develop the capabilities they need to outperform their competitors.
Our success is a consequence of ensuring our clients are successful.
Our company is built on extraordinary people; we aim to attract, inspire, develop and retain them.
YLD is a software engineering and design consultancy; we create digital capabilities for our clients that last beyond our engagement.
We have offices in London, Lisbon, Porto.
About The Role
You will work on delivering digital transformation projects at FTSE-100 companies, predominately using NodeJS and React (although we’re not restricted to only using these and will work with the most suitable tools).
A YLD Software Engineering Consultant is a highly-skilled developer who exemplifies the highest standard in software engineering and enjoys sharing their knowledge and experience with others.
For this particular position, we're looking for a Full Stack Engineer who has been working more focused on the backend side with Node.js. The project where you'll be integrated is more leaning to backend.
You’ll have the opportunity to build and deliver software within some interesting projects, both in terms of the product and the methodology. We work in an Agile environment (Scrum) with a test-first mindset (actually, writing code without tests should be unthinkable). We are also big advocates of pair programming and nothing is released until we have a code review.
You have a real passion for problem-solving, you are an active learner and get excited by working collaboratively with those around you.
- Strongly experienced in Node.js development
- Great knowledge of Typescript
- Experience migrating legacy monolith to microservices in AWS
- Experience in databases (both relational and schema-less)
- A strong focus on continuous integration and delivery
- Strong focus in testing (experience with latest tooling)
- Building high-performance and scalable applications
- Good understanding of design and implementation of RESTful web services
- Familiarity with performance monitoring tools
- You can keep a cool-head when debugging production issues
- Problem-solving skills that balance innovation with pragmatic technology choices to solve business needs
- Comfortable working in a dynamic production environment and take care of client expectations effectively
- Distinct customer focus and quality mindset
- An exemplar of YLD’s brand and safe guarder of our reputation
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Legally able to stay and work in the UK
- Available immediately (mandatory)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.