YLD – Software Engineering
Everything we do is to empower our clients to move forward.
Great technology companies are built on incredible design, engineering and strategy, working in unison, operating at the very heart of an organisation and its audience.
Enabling organisations to become great technology companies is our mission, and our promise to our clients. We aim to leave them with the mindset, tools, skills and expertise they need to go beyond their own expectations, revolutionise their sectors, and for us to be proud of the change we create with them and their customers.
“Good enough to be dangerous”
During our company-wide trip to Porto, Nuno attributed YLD’s continued growth and success down to those we hire. Our employees are “good enough to be dangerous” and we believe that bringing extraordinary people together produces great results.
We are a strong proponent of continuous delivery and rigorous testing practices, and we help our customers move towards modern best-practices with minimal risk. It’s not just about lines of code.
We educate, co-develop and automate, whilst passing on our expertise to our customers’ development teams in the process.
YLD has offices in London, Manchester, Lisbon, Porto.
About The Role
You will work on delivering digital transformation projects at FTSE-100 companies, predominately using NodeJS and React (although we’re not restricted to only using these and will work with the most suitable tools).
You will be expected to work on-site during various customer engagements, typically within Central London.
A YLD Software Engineering Consultant is a highly-skilled developer who exemplifies the highest standard in software engineering and enjoys sharing their knowledge and experience with others.
Pair programming, continuous delivery, test driven development and incremental design should be second nature to you; writing code without tests should be unthinkable.
You have a real passion for problem solving, you are an active learner and get excited by working collaboratively with those around you.
- Experience in full stack development (Preferably NodeJS and React)
- A strong focus on continuous integration and delivery
- An emphasis on testing and experience with latest tooling
- Experience building high-performance and scalable applications
- A working knowledge of application security, authentication and related cryptography
- Good understanding of design and implementation of RESTful web services
- Familiarity with performance monitoring tools
- You can keep a cool-head when debugging production issues
- Problem-solving skills that balance innovation with pragmatic technology choices to solve business needs
- Comfortable working in a dynamic production environment and take care of client expectations effectively
- Distinct customer focus and quality mindset
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Legally able to stay and work in the UK
- 6 month pay reviews
- 6 months fully paid maternity and paternity leave
- £2,000 yearly allowance for training / conferences
- £300 hardware budget
- Minimum of 25 days holiday (excluding Public Holidays)
- Mentorship through fortnightly 1:1s
- Company pension
- Private health care
- Company Uber and AirBnb account for business travel
- Cycle to work scheme
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.