Delivery Manager - London - Contract
YLD – Professional Services
Everything we do is to empower our clients to move forward.
Great technology companies are built on incredible design, engineering and strategy, working in unison, operating at the very heart of an organisation and its audience.
Enabling organisations to become great technology companies is our mission, and our promise to our clients. We aim to leave them with the mindset, tools, skills and expertise they need to go beyond their own expectations, revolutionise their sectors, and for us to be proud of the change we create with them and their customers.
“Good enough to be dangerous”
During our company-wide trip to Porto, Nuno attributed YLD’s continued growth and success down to those we hire. Our employees are “good enough to be dangerous” and we believe that bringing extraordinary people together produces great results.
We are a strong proponent of continuous delivery and rigorous testing practices, and we help our customers move towards modern best-practices with minimal risk.
We educate, co-develop and automate, whilst passing on our expertise to our customers’ development teams in the process. It’s not just about lines of code.
YLD has offices in London, Manchester, Lisbon, Porto.
About The Role
The YLD Delivery Manager will be part of a talented team of engineers, designers, and researchers. We work in close collaboration — everyone has input and we strive to constantly improve our ways of working. You will be instrumental in delivering transformation projects at FTSE-100 companies.
As Delivery Manager for YLD you will manage one or more agile projects with our clients, typically to deliver a specific product/service via a multi-disciplinary, highly skilled and motivated team. You’ll be adept at delivering complex projects, breaking down barriers for your team and our clients. You’ll be comfortable both planning at a higher level and getting into the detail to make things happen when needed.
You will be expected to work on-site during various customer engagements. Although the vast majority of our customers are in London, you will be flexible about travel.
To succeed in this role you will;
- Take responsibility for the successful delivery of projects and products using the appropriate agile project management methodology, learning and iterating frequently;
- Ensure we meet and exceed client engagement expectations;
- Work with the Product Managers and/or Product Owners from YLD, our clients or from external providers to facilitate the definition of the roadmap for any given product or project;
- Lead the collaborative, dynamic planning process – helping Product Managers or Product Owners to prioritise the work that needs to be done;
- Coach and mentor both team members and others to apply the most appropriate Agile and Lean tools and techniques, ensuring quality is delivered across all work streams;
- Build and maintain teams, ensuring they are motivated, collaborating, working well together and continuously improving;
- Work closely with other experts in YLD, and wider teams to ensure project goals can be executed with an appropriate cross-functional team;
- Mitigate risks and issues to minimise obstacles to meet the project goals;
- Lead communication to all stakeholders to ensure expectations are being managed and trust is developed;
- Actively participate in the Agile/Digital Transformation community, sharing and re-applying skills and knowledge and introducing best practice.
What you will bring to this role:
- Experience in delivering digital projects with multiple stakeholder involvement and distributed teams;
- Experience using a range of Agile methods and tools;
- The ability to balance multiple priorities and comfortable dealing with ambiguity;
- Experience in managing multi-disciplinary and distributed teams;
- Understanding that working in a commercial environment sometimes requires compromises in your approach to solving a problem;
- Comprehension to communicate effectively across organisational, technical and political boundaries, adapting to the context in all cases;
- Build a healthy network of relationships on the ground with key stakeholders of delivery;
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.