Digital Designer Freelancer
YLD – Marketing /
Everything we do is to empower our clients to move forward.
Great technology companies are built on incredible design, engineering and strategy, working in unison, operating at the very heart of an organisation and its audience. Enabling organisations to become great technology companies is our mission, and our promise to our clients.
We aim to leave them with the mindset, tools, skills and expertise they need to go beyond their own expectations, revolutionise their sectors, and for us to be proud of the change we create with them and their customers.
Our purpose is to help our clients develop the capabilities they need to outperform their competitors.
Our success is a consequence of ensuring our clients are successful.
Our company is built on extraordinary people; we aim to attract, inspire, develop and retain them.
YLD is a software engineering and design consultancy; we create digital capabilities for our clients that last beyond our engagement.
We have offices in London, Lisbon, Porto.
We’re looking for a Digital Designer who can bring their drive, passion and experience to our work and process, working as a part of our great team.
You should have UI and UX skills and experience, but also the ability to work within existing guidelines to produce digital and occasionally print collateral.
As a Digital Designer, we expect you to use your creativity to communicate key YLD messages, you will combine interfaces and workflows to enhance user experience and you also will promote the YLD brand and services to attract our target audiences. This involves working across multiple channels, mainly on our website and social media.
You will be an integral part of every stage of the creative process, collaborating very closely with our Marketing team.
- Support the development and execution of the Marketing plan in what concerns the design and corporate communications
- Ownership of the YLD asset library - this will include updating existing materials as well as designing and creating new materials
- Develop exceptional design solutions for all digital experiences including website, landing page, email campaigns and social media
- Use illustrative, visual and multimedia effects to create a strong brand identity that works across all platforms
- Responsible for helping with creative direction for multiple campaigns and creative execution
- Ability to develop a strong and cohesive visual identity
- Design solutions with high visual impact
- Assure uniformity regarding the corporate image of the company
- Provide support to internal and external events by creating promotional materials
- A background in Design, Graphic Design, Communications & Multimedia or another related area
- 3 years of previous working experience in a similar position
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator (or equivalent)
- Experience with interactive design
- Video animation a bonus
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Be creative, adaptable to trends and both conceptualise original ideas and replicate existing style
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Available immediately
- Bilingual (english & portuguese) - mandatory
- 3 months as a freelancer (with a possibility of extension). This person could be based in Lisbon or Porto.
What we'd like to see from you: A portfolio (pdf, presentation or website) demonstrating critical thinking and creativity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.