Principal Consultant - Lisbon
YLD – Software Engineering
Everything we do at YLD is to empower our clients to move forward.
Great technology companies are built on incredible engineering, design and strategy, working in unison, operating at the very heart of an organisation for its audience.
Enabling organisations to become great technology companies is our mission, and our promise to our clients. We aim to leave them with the mindset, tools, skills and expertise they need to go beyond their own expectations, revolutionise their sectors, and for us to be proud of the change we create with them and their customers
“Good enough to be dangerous”
During our company-wide trip to Porto, Nuno attributed YLD’s continued growth and success down to those we hire. Our employees are “good enough to be dangerous” and we believe that bringing extraordinary people together produces great results. We educate, co-develop and automate, whilst passing on our expertise to our customers’ development teams in the process. It’s not just about lines of code. We are a strong proponent of continuous delivery and rigorous testing practices, and we help our customers move towards modern best-practices with minimal risk. YLD has offices in London, Manchester, Lisbon, Porto.
About The Role
The YLD Principal Consultant will be part of a talented team of engineers, designers, and researchers. We work in close collaboration — everyone has input and we strive to constantly improve our ways of working. You will be instrumental in delivering transformation projects at FTSE-100 companies, many of them household names, using technologies such as Node.js, React and Kubernetes.
Our Principal Consultants will have total responsibility for the YLD delivery on one or more client engagements, so will have extensive industry experience. As a result, you are comfortable influencing senior client business and IT executives on technology decisions, while identifying and closing new business opportunities.
Our Principal Consultants have a strong understanding of technology and also the business acumen and communication skills to steer a development team while acting as an intermediary between them, other disciplines and all client stakeholders.
The Principal Consultants will use their experience to advise and guide a range of activities with our clients and internally for YLD, utilising YLD’s talent to its full potential. Among others, these activities will include; making appropriate recommendations on new technologies, advocating open source software, advising on technical architecture, selecting appropriate tooling and methods for projects, assisting with team recruitment and representing YLD in the industry.
This role offers the opportunity to collaborate with and lead some of the most talented engineers, designers and researchers in their respective fields.
The role can be a demanding one, but it comes with great variety and the satisfaction of delivering great work to our clients and making a real difference to their business, and ours.
You will be expected to work on-site during various customer engagements. Although the vast majority of our customers are in London, you will be flexible about travel.
- You have experience of working with product owners and are comfortable managing the relationships of C-level stakeholders, with a keen eye for business development opportunities.
- You have experience with the facets of account management, from effective communication, conflict management, recruitment and succession planning to managing a P&L.
- You enjoy influencing technical direction and you are passionate about helping others achieve their goals by sharing your knowledge and experience.
- You are a proven mentor, you have expertise in communicating to a variety of organisational levels to drive a shared vision and foster a culture of excellence.
- You are an advocate of industry best practices and believe that writing code without tests is unthinkable.You have experience of leading cross-functional teams, knowing how to bring together appropriate skills in order to deliver high-quality, user-focused digital products.You understand the full life-cycle of digital products, utilizing appropriate techniques at appropriate phases from inception to on-going product delivery.
- You will have experience in contributing to the digital industry, either through speaking, authoring or other contributions.
- 6 month pay reviews
- 6 months fully paid maternity and paternity leave
- £2,000 yearly allowance for training / conferences
- £300 hardware budget
- Minimum of 25 days holiday (excluding Public Holidays)
- Mentorship through fortnightly 1:1s
- Company pension
- Private health care
- Company Uber and AirBnb account for business travel
- Cycle to work scheme
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.