YLD – Software Engineering
Everything we do is to empower our clients to move forward.
Great technology companies are built on incredible design, engineering and strategy, working in unison, operating at the very heart of an organisation and its audience. Enabling organisations to become great technology companies is our mission, and our promise to our clients.
We aim to leave them with the mindset, tools, skills and expertise they need to go beyond their own expectations, revolutionise their sectors, and for us to be proud of the change we create with them and their customers.
Our purpose is to help our clients develop the capabilities they need to outperform their competitors.
Our success is a consequence of ensuring our clients are successful.
Our company is built on extraordinary people; we aim to attract, inspire, develop and retain them.
YLD is a software engineering & design consultancy; we create digital capabilities for our clients that last beyond our engagement. We have offices in London, Lisbon and Porto.
About The Role
You will be instrumental in delivering transformation projects at FTSE-100 companies, all of them household names, using technologies such as Node.js, React & Kubernetes. You are first and foremost a great developer and should have the depth of experience to illustrate this.
Pair programming, continuous delivery, test driven development, and incremental design should be second nature to you; writing code without tests should be unthinkable.
You have a real passion for problem solving, you are an active learner and get excited by working collaboratively with those around you.
While a YLD Staff Engineer is deeply technical they also have the business acumen and communication skills to steer a client discovery session or a development team.
A key role of the Staff Engineer is providing strategic technical direction to YLD and ultimately our clients by researching new languages, tools and methodologies.
The YLD Staff Engineer helps keep us connected to the communities that love technology as much as we do. With a deep passion for Open Source work we want to provide as much value externally as possible which will include writing blog posts, white papers and where possible attending and presenting at meetups on behalf of YLD.
You enjoy influencing technical direction and you are passionate about helping others achieve their goals by sharing your knowledge and experience. You are a proven mentor, you have expertise in communicating across varying organisational levels to drive a shared vision and foster a culture of excellence.
You will act as a passionate advocate within the community as well as being a vocal champion for developer interests within YLD.
- Able to report and advise on technical architecture and select appropriate tooling and technologies for a project
- Explore new technologies by leveraging open source software
- Focus on quality and setting high standards
- Consulting experience would be beneficial Support pre sales activities
- Ability to influence senior client business and IT executives on technology decisions
- Excellent leadership skillsComfortable working under pressure and manage client expectations effectively
- Distinct customer focus and quality mindset
- 6 month pay reviews
- 6 months fully paid maternity and paternity leave
- £2,000 yearly allowance for training / conferences
- £300 hardware budget
- Minimum of 25 days holiday (excluding Public Holidays)
- Mentorship through fortnightly 1:1s
- Company pensionPrivate health care
- Company Uber and AirBnb account for business travel
- Cycle to work scheme
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.