Remote (Portugal) /
YLD – Software Engineering /
Everything we do is to empower our clients to move forward.
Great technology companies are built on incredible design, engineering and strategy, working in unison, operating at the very heart of an organisation and its audience. Enabling organisations to become great technology companies is our mission, and our promise to our clients.
We aim to leave them with the mindset, tools, skills and expertise they need to go beyond their own expectations, revolutionise their sectors, and for us to be proud of the change we create with them and their customers.
Our purpose is to help our clients develop the capabilities they need to outperform their competitors.
Our success is a consequence of ensuring our clients are successful.
Our company is built on extraordinary people; we aim to attract, inspire, develop and retain them.
YLD is a software engineering and design consultancy; we create digital capabilities for our clients that last beyond our engagement. We have offices in London, Lisbon, Porto.
About The Role
You will work on delivering digital transformation projects at FTSE-100 companies, using technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker, built with Continuous Deployment pipelines within AWS/Google Cloud (although we’re not confined to only use these and will work with the most suitable tools).
A YLD DevOps Consultant is a highly-skilled Software Engineer who exemplifies the highest standards and enjoys sharing their knowledge and experience with others. Your desire to acquire new skills and knowledge will be fueled by your team.
This position would be hands-on, helping to deliver the core infrastructure, associated pipelines and related services in a pragmatic way that focuses on keeping the DevOps team a core component of software delivery, from providing the platform for application developers to build on.
With millions of unique daily visitors, you will need to have previous experience of deploying across multiple regions. You have a real passion for problem solving, you are an active learner and get excited by working collaboratively with those around you.
- Previous CI/CD experience
- Preferably worked with Java or Node.js but any relevant development experience is a huge plus
- Advocate of TDD: Writing infrastructure or code without tests should be unthinkable
- Has a solid understanding a passion for excellent software development practises
- Strong experience in production
- Strong experience with Kubernetes and other similar environments
- Previously has built or operated a Kubernetes Cluster
- Config Management tools including Terraform and Ansible
- Build, ship and run using Docker
- Load Balancing using either Traefik, Nginx or HaProxy
- Linux/RHEL/Ubuntu environment
- 6 months fully paid maternity and paternity leave
- Private Health care
- €2,000 yearly allowance for Training/Conferences
- €300 yearly Hardware budget
- Minimum of 25 days holiday (excluding Public Holidays)
- Mentorship through fortnightly 1:1s
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.