YLD – Software Engineering
Everything we do is to empower our clients to move forward.
Great technology companies are built on incredible design, engineering and strategy, working in unison, operating at the very heart of an organisation and its audience.
Enabling organisations to become great technology companies is our mission, and our promise to our clients. We aim to leave them with the mindset, tools, skills and expertise they need to go beyond their own expectations, revolutionise their sectors, and for us to be proud of the change we create with them and their customers.
“Good enough to be dangerous”
During our company-wide trip to Porto, Nuno attributed YLD’s continued growth and success down to those we hire. Our employees are “good enough to be dangerous” and we believe that bringing extraordinary people together produces great results.
We are a strong proponent of continuous delivery and rigorous testing practices, and we help our customers move towards modern best-practices with minimal risk.
It’s not just about lines of code.
We educate, co-develop and automate, whilst passing on our expertise to our customers’ development teams in the process.
YLD has offices in London, Manchester, Lisbon, Porto.
About The Role
You will work on delivering digital transformation projects at FTSE-100 companies, using technologies such Kubernetes, Etcd, Helm built with Continuous Deployment pipelines within AWS/Google Cloud (although we’re not confined to only use these and will work with the most suitable tools).
You will be expected to work on-site during various customer engagements, typically within Central London.
A YLD DevOps Consultant is a highly-skilled Software Engineer who exemplifies the highest standards and enjoys sharing their knowledge and experience with others. Your desire to acquire new skills and knowledge will be fuelled by your team.
This position would be hands-on, helping to deliver the core infrastructure, associated pipelines and related services in a pragmatic way that focuses on keeping the DevOps team a core component of software delivery, from providing the platform for application developers to build on.
With millions of unique daily visitors, you will need to have previous experience of deploying across multiple regions.
You have a real passion for problem solving, you are an active learner and get excited by working collaboratively with those around you.
- Previous CI/CD experience
- Preferably worked with Node.js but any relevant development experience is a huge plus
- Advocate of TDD: Writing infrastructure or code without tests should be unthinkable
- Has a solid understanding a passion for excellent software development practises.
- Has worked previously and a expert knowledge in either AWS / Google Cloud or other similar environments
- Previously has built or operated a Kubernetes Cluster
- Config Management tools including Terraform and Ansible
- Build, ship and run using Docker
- Load Balancing using either Traefik, Nginx or HaProxy
- Linux/RHEL/Ubuntu environment
- 6 month pay reviews
- 6 months fully paid maternity and paternity leave
- £2,000 yearly allowance for training / conferences
- £300 hardware budget
- Minimum of 25 days holiday (excluding Public Holidays)
- Mentorship through fortnightly 1:1s
- Company pension
- Private health care
- Company Uber and AirBnb account for business travel
- Cycle to work scheme
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.