YLD – Software Engineering
Helping our clients move from a culture of delivery towards a culture of learning. Great technology companies are built on incredible design, engineering and strategy, working in unison, operating at the very heart of an organisation and its audience.
Enabling organisations to become great technology companies is our mission, and our promise to our clients. We aim to leave them with the mindset, tools, skills and expertise they need to go beyond their own expectations, revolutionise their sectors, and for us to be proud of the change we create with them and their customers.
Our CEO credits our continued growth and success down to those we hire. Our employees are “good enough to be dangerous” and we believe that bringing extraordinary people together produces great results.
We are a strong proponent of continuous delivery and rigorous testing practices, and we help our customers move towards modern best-practices with minimal risk. It’s not just about lines of code.
We educate, co-develop and automate, whilst passing on our expertise to our customers’ development teams in the process.
YLD has offices in London, Manchester, Lisbon and Porto.
About The Role
In this role, you will lead the entire team on a client project whilst remaining hands on.
You will be responsible for technical decisions, output and the quality of what the team produces.
You will work closely with the YLD Principal Consultant and the client to ensure that the project build is correct, and meets the client’s needs.
You will be expected to work on-site during various customer engagements, typically within Central London.
This role offers the opportunity to work with some of the most talented developers in their respective fields.
- Expertise in full-stack development, architecture and design (Preferably NodeJS and ReactJS)
- Ability to select appropriate tooling and technologies for projects
- A strong focus on continuous integration and delivery
- Building highly scalable applicationsApplication architecture and infrastructure; deployment and migration
- A working knowledge of application security, authentication and related cryptography
- Good understanding of design and implementation of RESTful web services
- Knowledge of Agile software development process
- Familiarity with performance monitoring tools
- Experience debugging production issues under pressure
Non technical competencies
- Excellent leadership skills
- Problem-solving skills that balance innovation with pragmatic technology choices to solve business needs
- Ability to influence senior client business and IT executives on technology decisions
- Help with both the broader technical and business strategies
- Conduct regular 1-2-1s with team members
- Contribute to the career development of others
- Act as a resource to unblock and enable the whole team
- Build team values and behaviours to increase effectiveness
- 6 month pay reviews
- 6 months fully paid maternity and paternity leave
- Private health care (Bupa)
- £2,000 yearly allowance for training / conferences
- £300 hardware budget
- Minimum of 25 days holiday (excluding Public Holidays)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Mentorship through fortnightly 1:1s
- Company Uber and AirBnb account for business travel
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.